How to put a Swiss skin by defaut for my F-5E ?

CHDT

Hi all,

Just bought the F-5E, very excited, immediately trying to put a Swiss skin on my F-5E in the mission editor, but I can get only strange arcadish options for Georgian (!) or Turkish F-5E's (!).

So probably a stupid question, but how to put a Swiss skin on my F-5E by defaut, as Swizerland is not listed in the available countries ?

Thanks for the infos.

When I click "generate mission", I get a map full of Hornets, but impossible to find my F-5E.

When I choose "new mission", I choose "modern" and I get Australia against Abkazia (God, why all these funky planesets), so I take "Swizerland" to the blue side, but I can only get a "group of aircrafts", but not my single aircraft.

God, I may be dumb, but why make it so complicated.

I remember the good old time of Il2, a copy-past in a folder and "voilà", done.

Ok, in this peculiar mission, the F-5E appears as a Swiss one, but on the other missions, not.

How can I make this Swiss skins as defaut for all missions.

Also online, I would like this skin as defaut, but I don't know how.

Other problem, in the mission editor, I can only choose configurations with three tanks and two Siwas, configs which were almost never used.

How can I choose another configuration, for instance two Siwas and only one belly tank ?

Hi,

Rather than editing directly the built-in missions, I suggest to make a copy of them on your Saved Games\DCS\Missions folder and edit them there; that way they wont be lost on future module updates.

A useful utility for adding specific countries to these missions, is the Mission Coalition Mod by uboats & Grimes:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1970350/

:)

Also, each livery should contain a description.lua file .. within it there is a line like this:

countries = {"USA","UK"}

... edit it with Notepad++ (not the notepad of windows) and make sure that it contains "SUI" ... that way it will show up on the list if your plane´s country is switzerland.

Cheers

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Installed the Mission Coalition mod with JGSME.

Of course, it didn't work, don't see any new button at the bottom.

Usual business. I just wanted to fly online fast with a Swiss skin. I ended to waste my evening through folders and additionnal softwares.

Quick question: is it possible to choose my skin for online playing ?

Installed the Mission Coalition mod with JGSME.

Of course, it didn't work, don't see any new button at the bottom.

I've the mod installed and can assure you that it does indeed work. Its only quirk is that after you change the coalition, save and reload the mission before editing it further.

Usual business. I just wanted to fly online fast with a Swiss skin.

This is the first mention that you do regarding multiplay .. I tought you were trying to edit the built in missions of the F-5 as part of your training with a new aircraft.

Quick question: is it possible to choose my skin for online playing ?

yes, but every player has to have the skin on their copies of DCS ... see this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=174129

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Essentially you have to choose a skin online that the mission designer has allowed (generally the default skins), unless you rename files in your directories. Even then no one else will see your skin as anything but the original unless they also mod their directory. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but this is the way I understand it to be. Kind of like in FSX someone would be flying an f-22 but everyone else would see a 747 unless they also had the f-22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk