(Viggen) Countermeasures Key Bindings

Devrim

I can bind them on my HOTAS (X55) in Controls page properly, but in game, nothing responses.

I hit ESC and access Controls page. When I hit HOTAS buton, DCS responses and shows the command line. That' OK, but when I return in-game, function won't work.

Is it me or... ?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Which controls exactly have you mapped?

I only use "Fast countermeasure dispense" (Countermeasures) - its the only way to dispense flares from the KB pod (Note - it keeps dispensing until you hit that control/key again!), chaff dispense follows a preset program, default is #2 I believe, check the manual to confirm.

Yes guys, I try to bind Quick release (Fast Countermeasure Dispense)... No luck...

...from the KB pod...
Pod.. You mean, I have to install pod on wing?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Yes guys, I try to bind Quick release (Fast Countermeasure Dispense)... No luck...

Pod.. You mean, I have to install pod on wing?

Indeed no Chaff/Flares without the pod.

The KB countermeasure pod can be mounted on the Inner Wing pylons

(same as the Anti-Ship missiles and Gunpods),

so if you want to have Chaff/Flares you need to mount that pod under one of your wings (Or both if you want more Chaff/Flares).

There is also two different variants of Jammer ECM pods that can be carried on one of those wingpylons and a standard Countermeasure loadout would be one Jamming pod and 1 Chaff/Flare pod.

Oooops! :D

So sorry guys.

EEEJJJECCCTT!!! :D

Note: Viggen is interesting aircraft. No internal CM pod... no internal gun... :) Luckily it has cyclic and throttle. :P

Thank you friends for wasting your time for me. :)

Edited by Devrim

Oooops! :D

So sorry guys.

EEEJJJECCCTT!!! :D

Note: Viggen is interesting aircraft. No internal CM pod... no internal gun... :) Luckily it has cyclic and throttle. :P

Thank you friends for wasting your time for me. :)

Well not having internal CM dispensers was actually the standard for the time (1960s/1970s)

And yes no internal gun was a mistake ^^ (and something a few aircraft designers tried during the 1960s examples being F-4 Phantom and A-6 intruder)

I blame the Americans for giving Saab that idea ^^ luckily that was remedied for the JA 37

(much like the Americans realized the mistake for the F-4 phantom and added on for the F-4E though funnily enough only of the 3 F-35 variants only the F-35A has an internal gun with the F-35B/C relying on a Gunpod).

I would have loved to have the Internal gun from the JA 37 on the AJ 37 as well => as it had a very powerful 30mm cannon

(30mm Oerlikon KCA) using the same the 30×173mm

cartridge as the A-10.

• Like 1

Thank you for information, mate.

I hope you don't mind if I hijack your thread Devrim, but I am having problems with using the normal programs of the CM system. Quick release (Fast Countermeasure Dispense) works well from the binded key, releasing CM according to program 2 as it should. However, trying to use the little lever/switch on the canopy frame (OFF/INT/KONT) never starts the set program. Anyone else has those problems or am I missing something?

I hope you don't mind if I hijack your thread Devrim, but...
It's OK. I have same problem.

Thanks Reilar.