Have a huge LAG after one hour of flight

rokomah

I have a clean installation WIN10 +DCS .v1.5. All drivers are update.

Everything works fin, I just have a huge LAG after one hour of flight.

Disk, ethernet, memory, and CPU jumps to 90-100% for few seconds and I lose control for 5-10 secounds. This is very annoying, sometimes I even lost an aircraft because of this.

After that all is normal again.

Please help I tried everything I could.

WIN10 Pro-64 Bit

Intel® Core i7-6700K CPU @4.00GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (2GB memory+ DX12)

RAM,Memory: 16GB

SSD Samsung 850EVO 500GB

Motherboard: msi Z170A GAMING M3 (BIOS updated to the last)

HOTAS Warthog

CH PRO pedals USB

Logitech G13 keypad

Headset Plantronics Audio 655 DSP

Track IR5

my Log file in link:

http://shrani.si/f/1/zK/45XlvCNz/dcs-log1.jpg

Edited by rokomah

Yeah, you have some good hardware there except for your GPU, that needs to go away.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Lag problems

I think lag problems sometimes are linked with cache memory......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

@frodrigues2016

How to fix it ?

That is a hard one....try diferent cache configs...one hour or more playing a game like this is something....you have to discover the hardware bottlenecks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

Today I did 2 hours multiplayer flight and as always, after one hour of flight I had LAG and lose control for about 10 secounds. After that I had occasionally or permanent stutter.

- CPU value never exceeded 30%

- Memory always around 25-30% (Resource monitor showed maximum 35% used phisycal memory and 30% on standbay)

- Disk permament on low value.

- Ethernet around 80-100 kbps

- Windows defender and firewall they were off.

I do not know how to measure the effectiveness of graphic card. Which tools are used for this?

Question 1:

@frodrigues2016 and @cthulhu68, which cache memory you think? RAM on the motherboard or graphic card memory cache?

Question 2:

Is 2GB of graphic card memory enough for DCS v1.5 ?

It can be a problem in this?

What sends flags up for me is how consistent the issue is at 1 hour of flight time.. Are you certain that you don't have some other app running in the background that is kicking in at the 1 hour mark? Really strange that it is that consistent.. Really sounds like something scheduled is running at 1 hour and messing things up for you..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

@frodrigues2016 and @cthulhu68, which cache memory you think? RAM on the motherboard or graphic card memory cache?

I was referring to hard drive virtual memory(page file) which can be set to a certain amount or set to automatically manage page file size which works better.

Does this happen playing SP? There seems to be a lot of MP issues with crashes and lag spikes recently so it may not be hardware issue.

Edited by cthulhu68

I was referring to hard drive virtual memory(page file) which can be set to a certain amount or set to automatically manage page file size which works better.

Does this happen playing SP? There seems to be a lot of MP issues with crashes and lag spikes recently so it may not be hardware issue.

Correct ME if I'm wrong, but with his 16GB of RAM, my understanding is that the system pagefile shouldn't even kick in...and if it does, only a small amount would be needed.

• ED Team
Correct ME if I'm wrong, but with his 16GB of RAM, my understanding is that the system pagefile shouldn't even kick in...and if it does, only a small amount would be needed.

it is best to have page file set to system managed, especially if it is online in a very busy server

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Today I did 2 hours multiplayer flight and as always, after one hour of flight I had LAG and lose control for about 10 secounds. After that I had occasionally or permanent stutter.

- CPU value never exceeded 30%

- Memory always around 25-30% (Resource monitor showed maximum 35% used phisycal memory and 30% on standbay)

- Disk permament on low value.

- Ethernet around 80-100 kbps

- Windows defender and firewall they were off.

I do not know how to measure the effectiveness of graphic card. Which tools are used for this?

Question 1:

Question 2:

Is 2GB of graphic card memory enough for DCS v1.5 ?

It can be a problem in this?

I think you forgot to tell monitor resolution which is link with GPU card...too much resolution puts the GPU card in a lag state with the CPU.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is the IP address in your computer configured as DHCP? If so, check the allowance before renewal. If it is 1h, set it eg to 24h in your router (or whatever device you are using as DHCP server) or configure a static IP address in your DCS computer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

A resolution of 2560x1440 using a GeForce GTX 680 2gb is gong to be hard work for that card.

If I am wrong someone correct me

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@escaner

Give me a little more help how to do it, please.

OK, I need you to do this:

1. Open a cmd window (Windows + R, then type: cmd)

2. In the new window, type the following command: ipconfig /all

3. Look in the section for the connection you are using (either Ethernet or Wi-Fi) and look for "DHCP Enabled", "DHCP Server", "Lease obtained" and "Lease expires". Report back with those values.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
@BIGNEWY

GPU MSI Gaming X GeForce GTX 1070 OC 8GB GDDR5, is it on the way ;)

@escaner

I will try, tnx.

nioce :thumbup:

Yes, I bet the problem is the DHCP lease time, as it only lasts for 1h20m. That means that when that time is elapsed, your computer needs to renegotiate you local IP address with your DHCP server (normally your router), which breaks network connections.

To solve it, open a browser and put the DHCP server address preceded by http:// in the navigation bar (normally http://192.168.1.1 if it is your router). Authenticate (user and password should be in a sticker in your router or in the documentation from your ISP), go to "Setup" and look for a section called "LAN". Look for DHCP there and set the field "Leased Time" to e.g. 12h or 24h. Note that this field is normally set in seconds or minutes. Save and the next time that you start your computer the problem should be solved.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Manny thanks guys to help me until now.

@frodrigues2016

I use 2560x1440 resolution with monitor DELL U2711.

My GPU have only 2GB of memory. Is this enaugh?

@escaner

Give me a little more help how to do it, please.

In a high resolution like 2560x1440 you need a faster GPU.....the 680 i think was made for 1920x1080 1080p FullHD resolution.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...