Weapons launching while aircraft on ground

ST0RM

Saw this during an online session. A guy camped out above the FARP, reversers on, parking brakes set and was launching Mavericks at our helos.

The squat switch should prevent the firing of any weapons, while the aircraft is on the ground.

As far as I can remember there is a ground launch override switch like in the A-10C, I just can't remember where it is off the top of my head.

edit: I'm an idiot. The switch I'm thinking of isn't implemented in the cockpit, and I'm not sure it even does what I was think it does.

However I did try to launch RB-75T's while sitting on the parking ramp and they do work. So I'd agree that something is wrong with that.

Edited by Gefahren

• 4 years later...

The issue still persists. It is possible to launch weapons while sitting on the ground (just tested it with RB75 and RB-24J).

@Gefahren AFAIK there is no ground safety override switch in the Viggen.

Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 11:00 AM, QuiGon said:

The issue still persists. It is possible to launch weapons while sitting on the ground (just tested it with RB75 and RB-24J).

Thank you QuiGon for going through all of these old bugs and bringing them back out of the underwoods for us. It is much appreciated. Tracked.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

On 9/10/2021 at 12:00 PM, QuiGon said:

There is an override, it's marked FÖRBIK AVFYRNKRETS (expands to "förbikoppling avfyrningskrets" - override firing circuit) and is located all the way to the rear on the right side of the cockpit, with a flip-up cover on top of it. It's clearly not implemented though (or it's implemented but defaults to being switched on...).

Edited by renhanxue