Autopilot altitude issue

blast

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue when I activate the autopilot leveling altitude. Instead of being stable it starts to pitch hard until 40° angle and more for some reason.

In other times I also noticed that it couldn't stabilize itself and start to fluctuate around the specified altitude more and more. In that situation if i deactivate the altitude control but let the autopilot on, it just fly fine.

For me it is the altitude autopilot control which have a problem. The weird part is its not doing it systematically.

What is going on? Have you experienced the same?

Ty

I have seen similar behavior, this was last week:

u6ujZCErNCo

I level off by hand (at 7sec) and engage AP + Altitude hold. Causing the nose to drop and AP spending half a minute to recover to a level flight (and losing 4000ft in the process).

I then disengage it again, again level off and engage it. And it works just fine.

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue when I activate the autopilot leveling altitude. Instead of being stable it starts to pitch hard until 40° angle and more for some reason.

In other times I also noticed that it couldn't stabilize itself and start to fluctuate around the specified altitude more and more. In that situation if i deactivate the altitude control but let the autopilot on, it just fly fine.

For me it is the altitude autopilot control which have a problem. The weird part is its not doing it systematically.

What is going on? Have you experienced the same?

Ty

Reported and fixed for the next update per CaptSmiley.

I have seen similar behavior, this was last week:

I level off by hand (at 7sec) and engage AP + Altitude hold. Causing the nose to drop and AP spending half a minute to recover to a level flight (and losing 4000ft in the process).

I then disengage it again, again level off and engage it. And it works just fine.

Ty for the video. It was exactly what I experienced.