P-51D Skin Request KATYDID (Early Version)

Basco1

I know the later version of this skin has been created by Aeroshell,although his beautiful skin now requires updating after the DCS updates,but I would like this earlier version created if it's possible.

I would point out the dark tail is in fact a very dark green and not black as it appears in my profile 1st picture.I have also added the nose art and pilots name details that were on the bottom of the cockpit canopy.

The pilot Lt Col Righetti's story is a very tragic one,and it capitivated me when I read about it.

katydid%20001.jpg

*Nose Art : KATYDID applied to both Port and Starboard sides,although the cricket/katydid was only applied on the Port side

katydid_noseart_1.gif

*Pilot and Ground crew data strip: Only applied to Port side

katydid_payroll.gif

*Detail of kill markings for KATYDID version serial 414223,he had nine kill markings on 414223,and these were only applied on the Port side.

katydid_victorymark.gif

P-51D2044-1422320KatyDid20CL-M.jpg

media-377357.jpg

IaBmX_So_76.jpg

*The below picture confirms that no black anti-slip strips were applied to the wing roots,so they were bare metal.

Righetti20Elwyn20G20LtCol20and20Easton.jpg

Just a small tribute to the pilot Lt.Col Elwyn G.Righetti C/O of 55th Fighter Group

Righetti20Elwyn20G20LtCol20Strikes.jpg

*The bottom 3 pics show that KATYDID 414223 did not have the black anti-slip marks on the wing roots.

P-51_katydid_850.jpg

P-51D_Katydid_111008a_800.jpg

North-American-P-51D-Mustang-Fighter-Katydid-Aircraft-Paper-Model.jpg

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Oh yes,I loved the skin you created for me last time 'This Is It !'....that was a beauty Reflected.

Your profile shows the correct colour of the tail green too,excellent profile picture buddy,however the large nose/cowling picture you have there is of a later/different version,that's from the lime green tailed version,not the dark green tailed version.

This is going to be another stunner,thank you so much for doing this Reflected :thumbup:

PS I loved your bare metal colour/finish on 'This Is It ! ' too,that again was perfect.

Just out of interest I notice on my actual B/W pic of the real aircraft the three,four figure numbers around the 'cricket figure'are 4223 yet on your cowling pic the numbers are different,I wonder what they represent ?

*EDIT*

BTW I have solved the nose art numbers query in this thread,The numbers around the cricket are the serial numbers of the two versions of KATYDID.

So 41(4223) and 47(2227) respectively.

:)

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

After researching this skin a little more closer I notice that there were two different coloured crickets depicted in the nose art.

On the one that I have requested 414223,the cricket is green as per my nose art pic in the first post,however on a later version of KATYDID the one with the lime green tail 47222,the cricket is dark and it's wing is a lighter blue,see profile pic(As per your large nose/cowling pic Reflected)

Also on this later version the top of the anti glare panel (top of nose)was navy blue where as the version that I've requested is olive drab green in colour to the top of the anti glare panel.

Below shows the later different version of KATYDID serial 472227 which shows the navy blue anti glare panel and the blue cricket/katydid,this is the version thar Aeroshell created.

3_183%20-%20Copy.jpg

Edited by Basco1

Beautiful !!!!.... Reflected,absolutely superb,I can't thank you enough for creating this stunner of a skin......you are indeed a very talented craftsman my friend.

Thank you soooo much buddy :thumbup:

The best skin

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk