Landing Training Lesson...need help.

artmustel

Hello everyone, I am following the training lessons for the P-51D and I don't know if I am doing it wrong...I follow exactly the instructions, then I enter the first gate and that is the last time I hear instructor's voice. I go through all the other gates until I am over the runway ready to touch down but I don't receive input on anything else (like when to lower landing gear or apply flaps).

I've been struggling with landings with a very low success rate...the last time I hear instructions is when I am told to taxi and park on an empty space. Then I don't get anything else like "this concludes landing lesson" or anything. I want to finish my training lessons in order to get access to the Challenge Mission, but this lesson seems to be the reason why I cannot complete my training. Can anyone here give me some hints or tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the links, however I am really confused about not getting any instructions after I enter the first gate.

Since these lessons are for people that want to learn, I just wanted to make sure if something is missing on mine. Why I don't get further instructions after I enter the first gate? Someone that has followed this lesson can confirm that there are no instructions on the whole landing path (when there are a lot before reaching the airport)?

Yeah....The training missions are just terrible in DCS. They will just stop instructing for seemingly no reason in the middle of the lesson if you do anything that's not exactly the way it's set up in the mission. Many of us just quit bothering with them and go on to YouTube where someone has usually posted the completed mission (for that one lucky time) and get their instruction from that.

I remember trying the landing mission some time ago, it did the same thing to me, so I did it again, and it did it again. I got it to go through once or twice but never with consistency. It's been a known issue with users since the beginning.

You should be getting instructions on all legs of landing pattern, than the next ones during taxiing to the parking spot, then the last ones about shutting down the engine and systems.

Haven't tried the mission in version 1.5.6, though so I don't know if it's bugged or not.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Gates are there to showing us the good line and angle for descent,you have to adjust your speed to maintain the line and hit the runway at her beginning.Take note of your speed.

Climb up to 1000 fts and simulate your descent down to 500 fts

Train that in first and until you get a correct result.

When you will be satisfy with it,try it to land on runway.

When in short final you will see the ground get doing up rapidly,so you have only to slow pitch back to put the plane on his three points layout and wait touching ground.

P51D approach speed is 100 mph,and if you feel that is too twichy,add more speed to 110 mph,full flaps.

Trim your plane to maintain easily the speed.

Even if a bug exist there are many players that get control over this exercise.

practice is your friend:)

Edited by cromhunt