Mustang's TexPack on 1.5x

Mars Exulte

Heya, as 2.x has degenerated into a barely usable mess over the last few patches, I went back to fugly 1.5x... then decided to try a texture pack and was suitably impressed! BUT...

Firing rockets rapidly lags the computer down, and the explosions, especially if there are still smoke trails, will bring me down to a frame or two per second until the effects clear.

Is this a common issue? Suggestions for tweaking? Is this a Mustang specific issue?

• Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

"A barely usable mess" is hardly an accurate description, and making such negative comments will get you nowhere.

Everything you do causes the lags you refer to - if you have your graphics settings wound up to the point where you are using all the available resources.

The answer is simply to experiment with graphics settings until you reach a point where the lagging becomes insignificant.

Your system is clearly up to the task, so there is your solution.

2.x is a barely usable mess, that's not extreme negativity, that's a fact. It's an alpha and to be expected, but with the last few patches performance and visual quality have degraded substantially as various things have broken or deteriorated.

The game runs fine until rockets are fired, implying it is specifically the smoke and or explosions causing the problem, an issue I did not have in 2.x. 'Play with your settings' is pointless advice, I already played with settings ages ago and the game runs fine. I'm looking for tweaks and or feedback on if there's a way to adjust this situation, or if it's an issue with the TP.

It's not uncommon for modders to get ineffecient with certain things like smoke and 'splosions, not taking into consideration the effect it will have when the game starts spamming said effect hundreds of times (as with gunfire, etc) BUT I was under the impression Mustang only changed textures for terrain.

You have an extremely powerful gfx card, so that should not be happening no. I use Mustang's texture pack and don't have the kind of frame drops you are talking about and only have a GTX970.

Just to be clear, your frames drop to single digits right during heavy action, smoke effects, explosions?

One other question, I notice in your signature that you have a SLI setup. SLI does not currently work properly in DCS, and will frequently cause stutters and frame drops by all reports. Try disabling it and see if your problems still persist.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

10-4 will do. I bought the second one because it was a good deal. Noticed it didn't provide any benefit in DCS, but did not know it caused problems. I'll pull #2 and see what happens. Update later.

-update

I pulled the card, shutdown tertiary peograms, etc, still did it. I started tinkering with settings, and can alleviate the problem to a playable state. It's strange, though, it didn't USED to do this in 1.5 and it doesn't do it on 2.0 at all. Perhaps some inefficency or glitch introduced in recent times. I can't seem to pin it to a particular setting, so evidently it is indeed simlly being bogged down under its own weight for some reason.

I don't know, but it's usable now, that's the main thing.

And yeah, it's not just single digits, it's a frame every few seconds. I don't know, it's really weird. Feels more like 'glitch' than 'settings are too high'. I mean... it's just rockets, yo :p We're not talking a world ending scenario of complexity here.

Edited by zhukov032186