No VRS?

crudboy12

I have been unable to replicate a vortex ring state in the gazelle. I have tried to enter one by entering a hover and then rapidly descending. Even my RC quads suffer from this conditions, so I'm pretty sure the gazelle is not immune to VRS. I heard that to get out of VRS without moving the cyclic you have to have almost twice the lift required for a hover, which the over loaded gazelle certainly does not have, yet I seem to be able to stop a rapid vertical decent with a quick pull of the collective. FM issue or problem with my testing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C, FC3, P-51, BF-109, UH-1, MI-8, KA-50, M2000C, AJS-37, Gazelle, F-5E, L-39, F-86, MiG-15, MiG-21.

I have been unable to replicate a vortex ring state in the gazelle. I have tried to enter one by entering a hover and then rapidly descending. Even my RC quads suffer from this conditions, so I'm pretty sure the gazelle is not immune to VRS. I heard that to get out of VRS without moving the cyclic you have to have almost twice the lift required for a hover, which the over loaded gazelle certainly does not have, yet I seem to be able to stop a rapid vertical decent with a quick pull of the collective. FM issue or problem with my testing?

I mostly fly the 342L variant 2 things.

Yes I can get VRS especially throwing the Gazelle around built up areas, if you pick the onset of VRS you can usually get out of it. I fly the Huey the same way. :)

I find descending rapidly as in collective down and nose up then when I give it some collective just seems to level off and fly at that height. I've got to think on that one.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I have not tested VRS recently. On release the Gazelles VRS was sudden and vicious, but it seems to have disappeared in recent times.

I have not tested it recently.

The gazelle has a habit of accelerating quickly, so it is hard to replicate VRS in this machine.

engaging the auto hover is a good way to test it as the autopilot holds forward speed to nill very well... however side slip is a very strong reducer of VRS in DCS..... even real life apparently.

It will be back.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

On release the Gazelles VRS was sudden and vicious, but it seems to have disappeared in recent times.

Indeed. It basically doesn't exist now, near as I can tell.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Try to descend with 500 feet per minute, 0 airspeed and pull collective until you are using full power. If that doesn't do it, there is something wrong..

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have not tested VRS recently. On release the Gazelles VRS was sudden and vicious, but it seems to have disappeared in recent times.

I have not tested it recently.

The gazelle has a habit of accelerating quickly, so it is hard to replicate VRS in this machine.

engaging the auto hover is a good way to test it as the autopilot holds forward speed to nill very well... however side slip is a very strong reducer of VRS in DCS..... even real life apparently.

It will be back.

I have tested by attaining altitude and the ensuring that I achieved total hover, (attitude indicator level, no speed), and then dropping the collective to min. I ensured I was vertically descending using the F3 view. Despite vertical decent faster then the instruments could measure, I was able to recover with ease and maintain my hover. As far as I can tell, VRS cannot be achieved in the gazelle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C, FC3, P-51, BF-109, UH-1, MI-8, KA-50, M2000C, AJS-37, Gazelle, F-5E, L-39, F-86, MiG-15, MiG-21.

This bug(?), issue(?) or problem(?) was argued before many times.

No remarkable step from devs, I guess.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Oh wow, I missed that statement. I thought it had been awfully quiet from the PC camp. I hope all ends well with that business. I do love this little chopper.

Totally agree, I hope it all gets sorted out as the Gazelle is a superb little machine.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Damn I just thought I had developed skills,.. :doh: :lol:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.