A wee problem I need to solve

Pikey

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get a similar effect of CTLD with troops transports being managed by AI. However I need to have respawnable choppers for the task as they are doing it continuously. MOOSE isn't ready for cargo transport and lacks the functionality and respawning the choppers doesn't work as the Autoscript by RAF script I used for it no longer works.

The issue is caused by CTLD requiring a unit/pilot name to be fixed, which I am unable to do with respawning using the methods that are easily available as this seems to be dynamically generated.

Does anyone have any potential solutions to a respawning helicopter that retains a unit name, please?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Somewhat more. I need them to respawn when dead and to have the same unit name when doing so. The unit name requirement comes from CTLD, so if there is an alternative then unit name doesn't apply as it's a constraint required by CTLD. Usually gorup names stay the same so scripting based on group name tends to be OK. THe issue comes form applying logic to a unit that has been respawned often doesn't work (scripts and triggers and so on)

Hi,

if I understand, you want AI helicopters to tranports troop from a point to another and do it again and again ?

Edited by Pikey

Hi,

I did that with my script ATME ...

Two examples :

* One with my idea : transports some troops with one helicopter from a point to another no spawn

* One with my comprehension of your idea : 1 heli, 1 troop for example. Heli loads troops goes to the other point, than 30s troops destroyed, helo come back to initial point, take troops etc... (spawn the same group each time)

If you want more information, ask me.

Sunski.

test AI transport respawn.miz

test AI transport.miz

Edited by sunski34

HI again, the script works fine for the transport element but the Helicopters don't respawn if you shoot them down. This is the main issue I have because CTLD requires you use the same unit name. Can the script allow the chopper to respawn in case it gets shot down, please? Otherwise the loading and unloading was very tidy and looked great.

Hi,

no, I didn't do it in this mission but of course it's possible. A link here for such an example : https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3056907&postcount=47

Same problem if you want more than one troops...

It's just an example done rapidly.

But I think there a new generic ATME module idea here.

Edited by sunski34

I haven't seen anyone do it yet, the challenge is not obvious unless you try it. The problem being - you can spawn choppers, you can spawn infantry, you can pickup infantry, but I havent seen anyone pick up the same infantry with a chopper that is spawned as you need to know its name beforehand, which I described in the OP. Let me know if you manage to do it, it's lots of work.

Hi,

no, I didn't do it in this mission but of course it's possible. A link here for such an example : https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3056907&postcount=47

Same problem if you want more than one troops...

It's just an example done rapidly.

But I think there a new generic ATME module idea here.

When I created ATME pickup/drop troops abilities (personnel carrier attribute for some helicopters or ground vehicles), there was 4 aims :

• Be realistic on pickup with dynamic personnel loading : Troops come towards personnel carrier and climb one by one. Of course, if there's a problem due to DCS, there's a timer based on the distance between troops and personnel carriers. Personnel carrier can be an AI unit or a player unit. In that last case, if you takeoff before end of boarding, some unit in troops may be killed. Same if you disembark near water and a unit of troops spawn in water, killed in that case too.

• The abilitie of pickup troops present in a radius around the personnel carrier vehicle. So you don't have to know the name of troops for pickup.

• The ability of define pickup zones : When troops enter such a zone, they stopped and become ready to be boarded. You can have signal on pickup zone too when a friendly helicopter (with personnel carrier attribute) is less than a defined radius.

• A personnel carrier vehicle can load several groups (of troops) with a limit of maximum units to be loaded depending of that personnel carrier vehicle. So MI8 can load more troops than Huey.

So ATME can pickup troops with helicopters or some ground vehicules (personnel carrier attribute in ATME), spawned or not, since its first version V1.0.0.

Actually, there's just a voluntary limitation in ATME : you can't spawn group which is already exists in mission (defined in DCS Mission Editor), so you have to create a group in DCS ME, then set it "late activation" and spawn it a first time with ATME. That's what I've done for the troops in my example but not for the helicopter. But it's possible to do the same now with helicopter. That limitation seems to be too strong... so I will adjust it in next version.

I will send you a full example (with helicopter respawning) ASAP (perhaps this night if I have time).

Edited by sunski34

Please, try this ....

I add a second troops group, and a player with 3 F10 menus :

One to explode first group -> then it will respawn

Second to explode second group -> then it will respawn

Third to explode helicopter -> then it will be respawn and continue its mission

Helicopter turns will stop if no more troops in LoadingZone (no use of F10 and WP4 passed), RTB.

Of course, you can destroy them by another way !

OUPS ! Forgot to manage explode when helicopter has troops on board in first version ... Now it's good.

Sunski

test AI transport respawn.miz

ATME_AItransport_respawn.lua

Edited by sunski34