AI Landing Procedure Problems

Worrazen

No human players involved. This is nevada only.

Test 1: Boulder Mix

- Boulder Airport is RED all other neutral - 4x-Su27 will spawn and takeoff 10 minutes later.

- USA A-10C starts without waypoints, goes to neutral airfield, ok.

- 4xSu-25T start a few miles from Boulder and are waypoint commanded to land.

- another 4xSu25T start a little bit more behind, also commanded to land on Boulder.

Observations:

- The Su-25T that first takes the turn to land is making a lot of turns, confused.

- In one case that wasn't recorded on video, it crashed with the Su-27 on the runway.

- In another case which I recorded, it abruptly aborted, retried, but seems to have hit something and just crashed into ground later.

- In all cases; no AI seems to know there is a second runway, 27s or 25s nobody chooses the other runway.

Additional:

- In the case of a crash on Boulder runway, the Su-27 do not take the other clear runway to continue takeoff, and, the Su-27Ts divert themselfs to the closes neutral airfield.

- They go to Henderson Executive, 2 of the Su-25T manage to land, but only just, the first one that lands does not taxi off the runway, it remains on the runway blocking it, the second Su-25T is able to land because it breakes and stops before a collission, it also stops and does not park properly.

- The remaining Su-25Ts again, only recognize one runway at Henderson, now they are more confused, they do not divert, they simply circle forever, until bingo fuel.

- At Bingo Fuel they go super-speed nose-up towards Beatty Airport, one of them loses fuel before landing, and crashes, the remaining ones successfuly land and park on Beatty Airport.

////////////////

----------------

////////////////

Test 2: Boulder Su25Ts

- Tons of Su-25Ts commanded to land on Boulder.

- Average Skill

Observation:

- No Airfield Full Detection, does not divert, lands ok but disappears after it starts breaking.

1st.: PC Specs: Win10P 2004 (20H1), 1440p@75"32 - MB: Asus ROG Strix X-570E - CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G - GPU: AMD Radeon RX480 - RAM: 64 GB - SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe

2nd.: PC Specs: Win10P 2004 (20H1), 1440p@75"32 - MB: Asus P9X79 - CPU: Intel i7 3820 - RAM: 32GB - GPU: AMD Radeon RX480 8GB - SSD Samsung 870 EVO 250GB (DCS), Input: Saitek Cyborg X/FLY5

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2.

Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I am having a similar problem with an Il76 disappearing after landing, on the taxiway, even though the WP states to park in spot 10 which is free and can accommodate it.

Strange.

Edited by bn880

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Oh yeah. I've had B-1s land at North LV and then run off runway and explode.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SPECS:

i7-9700K - 64GB RAM

RTX 2070 SUPER - TCL 55" 4K

Corsair K70 RGB + Stream Deck 15/XL - TrackIR 4 Pro

TM Warthog, F-18 Grip w/ Mag Base, and 3 Cougar MFDs w/CH Pro Pedals

Win 10 Pro - 1TB M.2 SSD - Delta Sim TDC

HANGAR:

A-10 AV-8 F-5/14/16/18/86 M-2K P-51 UH-1

FW-190 MiG-15/21 FC3 *Supercarrier* CombatFlite

Channel Nevada Normandy Persian Gulf Syria TACView WWII Assets

• 2 months later...

Just want to check here - A/C starts at least 12nm from the runway and AI skill set to Excellent?

I had this long time ago with 1.2 version but since then all my flights are returning to base without any problem...

If the above is true post a miz file so we can test on our ends.

Intel Core i7-10700K - ROG Strix Z490-H Gaming - 64GB Vengance LPX - RTX 3080 Eagle OC - non-VR - single player - open beta