RB75's / EP-13 and VR

Knock-Knock

Has anybody had much luck seeing what you actually lock up, and shoot at?

I have killed so many powerline masts, and other 'large' structures that the RB75 fancy to lock up, instead of the ground units :)

Problem Im having is, that when I lean forward to look into the sight, the image just disappears further into the sight. So I have to lean back essentially, and use VR Zoom. Is that intended? I have no experience with scope's / sights.

VR Zoom only does so much.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Problem Im having is, that when I lean forward to look into the sight, the image just disappears further into the sight.

Yes, I have that problem, too. When you lean in close the images of both eyes drift apart. So you get kind of a double vision.

I think that is what is meant by RagnaDa's post about the known issues. Hope they will fix it soon. I would love to use it in VR :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 1 year later...

Can anyone of the developers care of this problem or any?

I mean, it's past 1.5 YEARS. And old problems still exist. Basics.

Pls fix the basics first.

in VR it looks like this:

Screen_180709_180546.png Screen_180709_180624.png

Either u can look through the HUD, or the EP-13. But not through both at he same time.

Is there a way to offset this little image in the EP-13? Maybe in a lua-script?

Or pls add the possibilty to offset this thing ingame...

Thank you.

Can anyone of the developers care of this problem or any?

I mean, it's past 1.5 YEARS. And old problems still exist. Basics.

Pls fix the basics first.

in VR it looks like this:

Screen_180709_180546.png Screen_180709_180624.png

Either u can look through the HUD, or the EP-13. But not through both at he same time.

Is there a way to offset this little image in the EP-13? Maybe in a lua-script?

Or pls add the possibilty to offset this thing ingame...

Thank you.

This is perfectly realistic and will not change.

We might add a snap view though.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Ah ok.

If this is realistic. Sorry. I didn't know.

It looked like an unfinished solution.

But moving the camera towards the EP-13 won't work, I think. The image remains small. And u cant see really much detail.

Right now, the only possibility to see more, is to move the head upwards, while zooming with VR Zoom Key.

The bad thing about this is, that I have to waste one finger for holding the GUI-Layer-VR-Zoom-Key at the same time, I have to find and lock the targets. Maybe I just need some more practice...

Or maybe its possible, U add a VR-Zoom-Toggle (instead of hold key) command to the viggen...? If that is possible... I dont know, cause VR Zoom is in The GUI-Layer-Setting. Not in the mods themselves.

Regards

Vannipo

I figured out the VR zoom is the "problem" cause u can't zoom in as much as in 2D. That's why u can't lock targets far away in VR. Or very bad. What I do right now is, to pan down a bit and click lock again and again, and the RB75 will snap to a target. But this is hard, if u need a special target of maybe 3.

If there is a way to "enhance" the VR zoom to a closer zoom... maybe in a lua file? Maybe someone knows that?

And a better Contrast (the commands are already there), if possible

Btw:

I reality the EP-13 isn't just a screen? Is it a mirror-thing (like in DSLR cameras)?

Do real pilots move one eye directly in front of it? Like watching through a DSLR-Camera?

If it is a screen, I think, if u move ur head towards it, u gonna see more detail? But in the DCS-Viggen, the "picture" remains in size relative to ur distance. Only Zoom gives me better detail But how u can zoom in reality?

Or it's an analog old school mirror-reflection-thing :D I dont know

Regards

I figured out the VR zoom is the "problem" cause u can't zoom in as much as in 2D. That's why u can't lock targets far away in VR. Or very bad. What I do right now is, to pan down a bit and click lock again and again, and the RB75 will snap to a target. But this is hard, if u need a special target of maybe 3.

If there is a way to "enhance" the VR zoom to a closer zoom... maybe in a lua file? Maybe someone knows that?

And a better Contrast (the commands are already there), if possible

Btw:

I reality the EP-13 isn't just a screen? Is it a mirror-thing (like in DSLR cameras)?

Do real pilots move one eye directly in front of it? Like watching through a DSLR-Camera?

If it is a screen, I think, if u move ur head towards it, u gonna see more detail? But in the DCS-Viggen, the "picture" remains in size relative to ur distance. Only Zoom gives me better detail But how u can zoom in reality?

Or it's an analog old school mirror-reflection-thing :D I dont know

Regards

I have not been using my VR headset much lately and especially not with the EP-13.

But I just tested this and you are right that it is much harder to see the targets in VR compared to when I'm using my monitor and track-ir.

Maybe its because of the lower resolution in the VR?

I don´t know...

I remember that from the beginning the image got larger and more magnified the closer you looked at the EP-13.

I didn't fly the viggen for quite some time but I have a faint memory of that funktion was removed?

Maybe because it wasn't working at all in VR only on the monitor.

Or something like that, can't remember exactly.

But I think that is what the OP is describing in the first post.

Maybe someone else can fresh my memory up on this, what happened to the magnifying in the EP-13?

Best regards,

M

I remember that from the beginning the image got larger and more magnified the closer you looked at the EP-13.

Best regards,

M

Ok,

right now, it behaves like this:

If you move your head towards the EP-13, the image remains the same size relative to your FOV.

That means, it's scaled smaller relative to world scale. Maybe the texture, or the grid itself. I don't know.

With this behavior it's not possible to see more by moving the head towards the EP-13, only by zooming you get more detail. And a VR Zoom isn't that far as in 2D.

The question is, again and again :D

In Reality, is it a Screen in this round hole, or is it a lens mirror thing, like u watch through a DSLR-Camera?

Regards

Vannipo

In Reality, is it a Screen in this round hole, or is it a lens mirror thing, like u watch through a DSLR-Camera?

It's known as a virtual image display, it's quite similar to a HUD. The image is projected through collimating lenses but instead of being reflected through a combiner glass you look straight into it.

Edited by Vladinsky