OV-22 Video

i dont know if i would want to be in that thing as a marine,if it loses an engine u can kiss u know what goodbye...would rather be in a ch-53 at least u can auto rotate and perhaps have a chance...my 2 cents, butit was pretty silent and had a distictive sound to it that i liked..

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]

i dont know if i would want to be in that thing as a marine,if it loses an engine u can kiss u know what goodbye...would rather be in a ch-53 at least u can auto rotate and perhaps have a chance...my 2 cents, butit was pretty silent and had a distictive sound to it that i liked..

The turbines are linked, so if one fails, the remaining one will go to emergency power, making a normal landing possible, but with a performance penalty (duh). I'm waiting for the first 'horizontal flight configuration' emergency landing video, must be very cool, flare, flare, speed drops, then *bang* all rotors are gone, gear collapses, lots of sparks, and then the angry pilots climb out :D

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

I doubt the engineers forgot all they learned from the 2 rotor helicopters, when they built this machine. :smilewink:

I think this is an awesome step into the future. It has overcome the (speed-)limits of an helicopter and is allready finding it's place as an airtaxi in some major cities around the world.

Besides that, as the movie shows, this baby sounds awesome! :thumbup:

LR1Sig-Longcopy.jpg

Guest IguanaKing

In the 53, just make sure you feel hot hydraulic fluid splashing on your kevlar and trickling down your neck fairly often. If its not leaking on you, THAT'S when you need to be scared. :smilewink:

I wonder how the V-22 handles vortex rings. Does anybody know if it has an RCS of some type on it? I guess it must.