Tutorial Missions.

bart

I've just purchased the Piercing Fury campaign for the A-10C and I'm getting back up to speed with the Hogs systems again (been a while since I've flown it) before I get into the campaign.

I seem to remember on the official tutorial missions there was one on CCIP bombing and included the explanation of 3/9 and 5 MIL bombing. Did this mission get scrubbed from the module in an update? I cant find it anywhere. All the others are there. It even states at the end of the gun and rocket tutorial that the next one is for unguided bombs but alas it's not on the list.

I do remember flying this tutorial years ago when I first learned the module but now cant find it!

Was it removed? if so anyone know why?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I can confirm that I don't have that training mission, either. But I'm not sure if I ever had; I did all the trainings, but that was a long time ago.

If you're looking for good tutorials, Bunyap's are usually a very good starting point, though it seems that A-10C CCIP deliveries are possibly the one topic he hasn't covered yet, or at least I didn't find it. ;)

The same mission is in 2.0 open alpha, copy the .miz and paste it in 1.5.6. Works perfectly

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

That would be weird. As 2.0 only supports NTTR and 1.5.6 only supports Caucasus?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I don't have such a mission in 2.0 either.

Weird thing is, in the folder with the training missions, there's a file called lessons.lua, and mine contains:

["file"] = "A-10C-Training-Unguided Bombs.miz",
["name"] = _("General Purpose Bombs"),
["description"] = _("In this lesson, we will overview the employment of unguided bombs in the A-10C."),

But the file A-10C-Training-Unguided Bombs.miz is missing (it's the only one missing, judging by the amount of items (14) and the amount of training mission files (13)) in both of my installations (1.5 and 2.0).

Kinda weird.

Search again in 2.0 it was there somewhere. I copied from there a month ago. Don't remember which folder exactly but it is there for sure.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

I'll take a look for it in my 2.x install too, thanks.

I distinctly remember playing this mission when I first learned the A10-C years ago. Something must have got fouled up in the updates somewhere.

I found all the SP missions from 1.5.6 in the single missions folder of 2.x the other day. They just don't show up in the SP mission list in 2.x but all the files were there. Didn't check or look for the CCIP training mission though.

EDIT Just checked my 2.x install and there are only 13 training missions in there, the CCIP one is missing. Any Mods reading this any chance you could mention it to ED and get the mission added or should I submit a bug report?

Edited by bart

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

there you go https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz5wL0zq5hWFbDhOektqclFwMEU

I took it from 2.0 now I cant find it there for some reason...but at least I have it in 1.5.6 :)

Thanks buddy :thumbup:

Looks like ED either deleted the mission by accident or it got lost in updates!

• 4 months later...