Bursting tires during T/O

Ramires

• ED Team

Post a short track, it may help check the potential issue

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Don't need a track. If you fly the Mig 21 module you noticed the change.

I figured out that you need to have some back pressure on the stick in order to raise the nose much earlier. Then the tires won't pop. But yeah, if you follow the original training tutorial recommendations you will pop the tires.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

It also happened to me sometimes, during take-off shortly before VR; with 1.5.6 stable. and in any case I find that the landing gear are even more delicate than before even landing.

Intel I5-8600 3,1GHz. NVIDIA RTX2070 8GB DDR6. 32GB RAM DDR4. SSD 500GB. WIN 10.

Saiteck Rino x55, pedals, panels Switch,Radio,AP.Trackir 5,Leo Bodnar,Voice Attack.

Don't need a track. If you fly the Mig 21 module you noticed the change.

I figured out that you need to have some back pressure on the stick in order to raise the nose much earlier. Then the tires won't pop. But yeah, if you follow the original training tutorial recommendations you will pop the tires.

You're right. I checked it out and and rotated earlier (at around 250kph). But seems to be a little bit strange.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue.

Using the Take Off quick mission with a light aircraft (no weapons or center tank) I noticed tire burst as low as 280 km/h.

According to the manual, maximum allowable ground speed is 370 km/h and maximum touch down speed is 330 km/h.

So as I see it they should be considerably stronger than what they are now.

I can also (barely) make them last if forcing the nose up earlier, but it doesn't seem right.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I made some repairs to my DCS and setup due to DCS crashing for me.

After that, my tires seem to last better.

However, I reported it, and it seems Dolphin887 found an issue and fixed it in record time. ;)

Thumbs up for that. :thumbup:

https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.io/view.php?id=642

Edited by Sporg

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

In my experience, you rotate at 250 to about 10-12 degrees AoA and hold it there, and allow the aircraft to lift it self off the tarmac. If you over rotate it, it puts too much pressure on the back tires and they will explode. I've used this technique successfully online and off, bombs, nuke, clean, etc.

If the front tire is bursting I don't know what could be wrong.

In the take-off sp instant mission (note it has quite some crosswind), the front wheel will burst for me only if I do not rotate at all :dunno: and I keep going full speed down the runway just to see how durable the tires are. Past 300km/h ias the nosewheel will start to bounce and that will burst it. Main wheels lasted to ~400km/h ias, unless I did some wild yawing on purpose, drifting along the runway leaving skidmarks, then the speed to burst them was lower, because of added pressure on one of the wheels. I'm still on 1.5.6.3690 version btw.

Normal takeoff procedure mentions to lift the nose around 250km/h (I personally start a little bit earlier by pulling 4/5 stick around 230km/h and as the airspeed builds, I ease the stick to maintain a desired aoa). It feels smoother that way and the plane lifts off nicely. I learned it this way when the module released and it became second nature.

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

My issue was that unless I lifted the nose before 280 km/h, one of my main tires would burst.

System specs: