need help with alert state and f10 triggers

tekrc

so in short, im trying to make a little training mission where I can manually through f10 menu force alert states of sam sites (ie this way I can just have one target range with a set of targets that respawn with AA cover that can be turned on or off depending on the aircraft practicing in). in this case the sa-15 because animations are neat. I have the commands in the menu for on and off through flag states and set to switched option so it should act as a toggle I believe.

now then... I have gotten it working to the point of I can turn it to alert state red through flags. so I can see it unpack and turn on.

I believe my understanding of flag states is lacking. I have it set to do red state on flag 1 active and state green when flag 1 not active. but im not sure how to deactivate flag 1? tried setting to 0 on off command but doesnt seem to work.

it starts off in green state fine. I can put it on red state but not back to green again

it is worth mentioning that I can in the map screen (due to CA ME settings) set the alert state through pilot controls ground units and map with no problem.

any help is appreciated

LOG test.miz

You need to use triggered actions and the AI Task Push. The triggered actions is 2 tabs over from the waypoint tab. They are tasks that occur whenever commanded whereas tasks added on the WP page are dependent on when the unit reaches that WP. You will need to add a trigger to read the status of the flag and then do each task.

Switched Condition> Flag 1 is True> AI Task Push(Alarm red)

Switched Condition> Flag 1 is False> AI Task Push(Alarm Green)

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

You need to use triggered actions and the AI Task Push. The triggered actions is 2 tabs over from the waypoint tab. They are tasks that occur whenever commanded whereas tasks added on the WP page are dependent on when the unit reaches that WP. You will need to add a trigger to read the status of the flag and then do each task.

Switched Condition> Flag 1 is True> AI Task Push(Alarm red)

Switched Condition> Flag 1 is False> AI Task Push(Alarm Green)

to double check is flag 1/1 is true and 1/0 false? it doesnt seem to be working. I have

switched to triggered actions and removed wp settings

radio commands are for on flag 1/1 for off 1/0

switched: if flag 1 is false ai task push tor alarm state green

switched: if flag 1 true ai task push alarm state red

but same issue. I can get it in red state but not back to green

even if I manually switch it to green in the map view I cant tell it to go red again

EDIT: so after hours of messing with it I just sat here and sorta spammed the off command. it appears to work now! thank you for your help

Edited by tekrc