Night mode for map please! :)

D4n

Hey, additionally to the "map", "height" and "satellite" modes a "night" mode with black/grey/red colors would be nice, not straining the eyes that much (the green from "height" mode gets tiring soon).

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Hi and sorry for my english

I have 2 question

1- My windows is 7 -64 and i have to change to 10 but DCS World 1.5 and 2 and nevada ... modules.... is about 90 gig can i copy these directory to another hard and after change the windows copy to new windows and run the sim with a little download instead a huge file for download ?

what is your suggestion ?

2 - As i said before i have to change the windows and upgrade my case (New Hard...CPU...mother... ) and after install all my modules and nevada ... and change the serial number of my hard there is no problem for my serial number for modules ? sorry but some body told me if i change the hard may be u now me as a new user but with serial number of some body else .... ( PLZ sorry me for my poor knowledge ) and thanks for your very professional and interesting sim .

thanks

I have 2 question

1- My windows is 7 -64 and i have to change to 10 but DCS World 1.5 and 2 and nevada ... modules.... is about 90 gig can i copy these directory to another hard and after change the windows copy to new windows and run the sim with a little download instead a huge file for download ?

2 - As i said before i have to change the windows and upgrade my case (New Hard...CPU...mother... ) and after install all my modules and nevada ... and change the serial number of my hard there is no problem for my serial number for modules ? sorry but some body told me if i change the hard may be u now me as a new user but with serial number of some body else .... ( PLZ sorry me for my poor knowledge ) and thanks for your very professional and interesting sim .

thanks

Wrong thread?

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Hey, additionally to the "map", "height" and "satellite" modes a "night" mode with black/grey/red colors would be nice, not straining the eyes that much (the green from "height" mode gets tiring soon).

Good thinking. Also if you fly night missions the bright map screen is really suboptimal for use.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Originally Posted by shahin_sky View Post

I have 2 question

thanks

+1

Good thinking. Also if you fly night missions the bright map screen is really suboptimal for use.

+1 to that, too.

Lord of Salt

• 2 years later...

nearly 2 years later, still requested for night missions (compare contrast...)

unknown.png

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I wonder, what about a map that you have to shine a flashlight over to see? As if it were a paper map read at night time? Though I would like a map with a dark mode or maybe even user-customiseable colours for each layer (e.g terrain, roads, buildings etc).

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.