AI pilots still cheating after all this time.

Capn kamikaze

They must have an IRST sensor in one eye and a radar in the other.

Either that or they're psychic, and that isn't even talking about them cheating with the flight model making it literally run rings around the F-86, and fly like it has a PW-220 in it.

There is clearly something not right, and it has been like this for ages.

In virtually every A2A combat sim I have ever flown, the AI aircraft were just vicious, and insanely over matched.

When I started dogfighting in DCS I thought that it would be better, but AI behavior seems to be a very tough thing to code. I get why, but it doesn't make it any more pleasant when a Mig15 is shooting me out of the sky after I've ruptured it's fuel tank, shot off it's rudder, and an aileron or two. Downright infuriating lol.

All you can say is "It is what it is".

• Like 1

also, the skill level has effects the behaviour a lot, so try it again with lower skill settings

That is what I ended up doing for the most part against the MiG-15 AI, I've got the odd kill at the highest level, but I've found that "good" and "average" what ever that really means..... seems to be more realistic.

also, the skill level has effects the behaviour a lot, so try it again with lower skill settings

From my experience and everything I have ever read on this forum and others about the DCS AI skill level, it only effects the distance at which the AI detects you. I have set it a different levels and that seems to be the case. What other behavior are you seeing different?

From my experience and everything I have ever read on this forum and others about the DCS AI skill level, it only effects the distance at which the AI detects you. I have set it a different levels and that seems to be the case. What other behavior are you seeing different?

The higher skill levels are also better shots.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

not only this, but also what Rangi says

for example, an AAA with excellent skill has more or less pinpoint accuracy, while AAA on average shoots all over the place and sometimes to you...