no gear up, no flaps, no hydraulics

Accipiter

I purchased the Hawk as soon as it came out. Was not impressed, so parked it in the hangar. I recently upgraded to 1.5.6 and re downloaded the latest Hawk.

So I tried a flight, lined up ready to roll, from the runway.

I had hydraulics warnings and no gear or flap retraction?

I read a while ago, that the Saitek X55 is not compatible with the Hawk, is this still the case?

My X55 is relatively faultless with every other module.

Or, is it some other problem?

Regards

David.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Set a deadzone of 5 on your pitch and roll axis.

The X-55 is reporting "jitter" to DCS and the Hawk's hydraulics will lose pressure because of this.

You wanted realism, you got it ;)

WHAT HE SAID. It has something to do with the vibration in the stick is how it was explained to me. I have an X55 and had the same issue. After much research, contacting Saitek (lousy support by the way) and reading threads in VEAO's forum, it came down to setting a dead zone in the X55 for the Hawk. It worked! Hydraulics were OK after that.

• 2 months later...

Using the X-55 myself, and I can confirm it is your hydraulic pressure being depleted by jitter in the controls. Setting a deadzone will cure the problem.

Be advised, the Hawk will lose pressure at low throttle settings if you are maneuvering or using flaps/gear settings. To replenish supply, increase throttle a little. In general, I found watching the hydraulic pressure was a good idea.

Lastly, sometimes during startup you'll need to hit the HYD2 Reset button (near the throttle on the right, near the HYD1 button). Not entirely sure what that is all about, but after spooling up if you notice the #2 pressure is still down, hitting that button will fix it.

And yes, I know it's an old thread, but I came here looking for something else and figured I'd throw in my 2 cents ;)

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_mpv4v0zasI1rg41uj.gif

The troll formerly known as Zhukov

Lastly, sometimes during startup you'll need to hit the HYD2 Reset button (near the throttle on the right, near the HYD1 button). Not entirely sure what that is all about, but after spooling up if you notice the #2 pressure is still down, hitting that button will fix it.

During engine start the HYD 2 system is offline to reduce stress on the engine. It should always be necessary to hit the HYD 2 reset button after start up, its part of the start procedure

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato