F-15 Release

walmis

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

How do I uninstall the original F15 you made? I used Modman to install it and when I uninstalled the original model it left these three files; f15_installer.exe, f15_updater.exe, f15_updater.exe.manifest in the root lockon folder. Do I just delete them and then install the new Model?

I tried double clicking the f15_installer.exe but that just makes backups of the melnet.xml..

Thx

Hello,

How do I uninstall the original F15 you made? I used Modman to install it and when I uninstalled the original model it left these three files; f15_installer.exe, f15_updater.exe, f15_updater.exe.manifest in the root lockon folder. Do I just delete them and then install the new Model?

I tried double clicking the f15_installer.exe but that just makes backups of the melnet.xml..

Thx

Run the installer. If it says processing.... then after it's done run it again. When it asks you whether to restore backup, click yes, and install the new package.

Guest Hell Sqn Protos

S~!

Thanks for the update Walmis !:thumbup:

I have to agree with some of the posters, the torrent is not moving at all. I will be happy to host it for you.

S~!

I have to agree with some of the posters, the torrent is not moving at all. I will be happy to host it for you.

Then do so ;)

Is this file the updates for the original or an updated fresh install with all the updates included?

You must completely uninstall the old pack.

Could you give us the list of improvements/fixes in this beta so we can check for it?

Edit: saw it in the readme. But i would like to see the nose and canopy to be fixed to the correct shape. Please and thank you!

1kn4.th.jpg

here's a side shot. Draw me some lines on how it should be. Thanks.

Well i think I'm giving you the same layout you used since i recall that you said you got it from airwar or something. Well i uploaded it to you send it

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7305C6FE69F8C150

I did a small comparison (i know its not really down to scale because i did this quick) but i think one of the main issue that makes it distinguishable from the real F-15 is the canopy.

Near the front half of the F-15 canopy, you can see a real strong hump on top whereas your model kinda curves smoothly.

F-15Comparison.jpg

After you made the changes to that, maybe you can add a bit more curve near the front of the nose.

The post i made a while back shows a clear differnce (layout, old, new)

F-15_2_300-1.gif

ScreenShot_126.jpg

ScreenShot_136.jpg

see how the old model compared to the new model both the top and bottom of the cone smoothly joins together. Your model has a bit more of a sharp cone. My suggestion, straighten out the bottom a little bit more, it seems to be having a downhill curve. As for the top of the cone, increase the slope to the canopy (raise it up a bit more) and put a small curve to it, plus add a curve near the front of the nose. Great work though, i know its not easy.

Here's a real pic uploaded this morning on airliners.net which shows it pretty clear

1139965.jpg

After seeing that, mainly focus at these points

ScreenShot.jpg

The nose doesn't have to be a sharp cone, its actually dull at the tip ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Need the file first ;)

Same here! Got no login for "Yousendit"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Maybe Walmis can include these two files into the F-15-Mod for a further release-version!??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Strange how when i ran the installer my pilot, air intake, nozzles, some other parts doesn't have texture and my missiles are out of line.

ScreenShot_055Medium.jpg

But i fixed it after i extracted the installer into another folder and copied and paste into my lock on root folder. I dunno why or how that fixed it but i guess maybe if you are going to release a future pack, maybe release where we just copy and paste the files rather than an installer? I mean the installer is cool and everything but it might save you the trouble. THis happened to me in the last release pack too, i ran it in modman and the same no texture showed up, thats why i extracted that too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest Hell Sqn Protos
Maybe Walmis can include these two files into the F-15-Mod for a further release-version!??

S~!

Agreed, I already have the weapons mod, but might as well put everything together.

Really ED should add this to B.S.

Strange how when i ran the installer my pilot, air intake, nozzles, some other parts doesn't have texture and my missiles are out of line.

ScreenShot_055Medium.jpg

But i fixed it after i extracted the installer into another folder and copied and paste into my lock on root folder. I dunno why or how that fixed it but i guess maybe if you are going to release a future pack, maybe release where we just copy and paste the files rather than an installer? I mean the installer is cool and everything but it might save you the trouble. THis happened to me in the last release pack too, i ran it in modman and the same no texture showed up, thats why i extracted that too.

I cant seem to get these bad textures to go away I have reinstalled 2x and I cant pick a differnt folder to install into like you could. I am at a lose right now.

Yea the problem is i couldn't direct it to another folder either so i just simply renamed my current Lock On folder to LockOn2 and then create a new folder called Lock On. And then ran the installer, once all the files are in the new folder, i copied it over. Note: near the end of the installer it would say show me the way to the lockon.exe file but i didn't. It didn't seem like it screwed up the installer in any way but this is what i had to go through in order to get the texture. That's why im asking walmis for future release pack, save the trouble of converting it into an installer pack and just release files so we can copy and paste.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yea the problem is i couldn't direct it to another folder either so i just simply renamed my current Lock On folder to LockOn2 and then create a new folder called Lock On. And then ran the installer, once all the files are in the new folder, i copied it over. Note: near the end of the installer it would say show me the way to the lockon.exe file but i didn't. It didn't seem like it screwed up the installer in any way but this is what i had to go through in order to get the texture. That's why im asking walmis for future release pack, save the trouble of converting it into an installer pack and just release files so we can copy and paste.

Thank you very much that worked out for me.