Targets destroyed with BK 90 don't count for score

grunf

Not getting any points for kills is another drawback of the solution I choose to implement the Bk90s with. I'll get to reimplementing the old solution I had (the containers being large normal bombs instead) as soon as I can. I know I promised this before but everything always takes longer than you expect.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Not getting any points for kills is another drawback of the solution I choose to implement the Bk90s with. I'll get to reimplementing the old solution I had (the containers being large normal bombs instead) as soon as I can. I know I promised this before but everything always takes longer than you expect.

Good to know, thanks. Not a big issue anyway. :D

• 4 months later...

Hi, just a little reminder that this zero score issue still remains ... its a pity, since the Bk90 is actually a very cool weapon. Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The BK90 is not similar to the CBU97 or 87.

The 87 has something like 220 projectiles to track, it doesnt already do that afaik because of engine limitations.

One BK90 with anti armor submunitions will spawn 2640 projectiles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

And also CBU 97 are not guided weapons in the same way as the Bk 90 is.

The CBU 97 is also unique in that the BK 90 dispenser remains after the submunitions are dispensed where as with the CBUs the Dispenser breaks apart when it dispenses.

And i dont think those things are modeled by ED yet.

Therefore it seems like Leatherneck has to make do with whatever solutions they can implement without ED support =P.

Edited by mattebubben

The BK90 is not similar to the CBU97 or 87.

The 87 has something like 220 projectiles to track, it doesnt already do that afaik because of engine limitations.

One BK90 with anti armor submunitions will spawn 2640 projectiles.

Only the graphical effects are toned down, but all of the 220 submunitions are taken into account when calculating the damage results.

And further, iirc, the BK90 has 24 launch tubes which contain either 3 MJ1 or 1 MJ2 each.

I meant to the DCS engine, I would think functionally the process would be similar to the currently working CBU...release canister object, object spawns bomblet objects at calculated point, canister object continues trajectory, canister object is deleted once impact with ground.

Yeah the other method is used in multiplayer only. The current implementation is the best compromise I could make.

Mig-21 has a small tactical nuke, A10c: CBU-105/97, can't you somehow combine them so we'll get the destructive force of BK90's?

Also if the problem is as described bellow by "mattebubben" there might be a solution.....

The CBU 97 is also unique in that the BK 90 dispenser remains after the submunitions are dispensed where as with the CBUs the Dispenser breaks apart when it dispenses.

So why don't make BK90's to brake apart over the target? As long as we get the desired destruction on target area. Nobody is watching them afterwards anyway :smilewink:.

Please make BK90 to work as intended :thumbup:.

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Targets destroyed with BK 90 don't count for score

Hey guys I appreciate the suggestions but I already tried it back when implemented this a year back. The cluster-bombs in DCS is restricted to being gravity bombs and doesn't glide nor follow terrain. If having the Bk90 as one of those would mean you can't use it in its intended launch envelope (i.e. standoff) and would instead have to overfly the target. I've followed the same set-up as the other gliding cluster munition in DCS: JSOW, and added quite a bit of trickery to get it where it is today (submunitions simulation, terrain-following). I have hope the possibilities will be expanded before the F-18 comes.

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Here's hoping indeed—at present, the BK90 can't be used in MBot's dynamic campaign, because targets destroyed with them aren't registered by the system.

I get the sense that there are a lot of simulation engine improvements DCS really needs, like more flexible weapon modeling and better simulation of jamming effects, that are on hold while they finish cranking out the new graphics engine and 2.5. I hope they find the time to focus on systems after 2.5—at present, it's the only part of DCS which feels below-par to me in terms of fidelity.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission