Issue with VR Zoom in 2.0

dburne

In DCS 1.5, I have VR zoom assigned to a hat on my Warthog using the Paddle as modifier. It works beautifully, hold the paddle in whilst pressing the hat button and I get VR zoom evey time. Release and it goes back to normal cockpit view.

In the latest 2.0 version, it does not behave this way. The paddle acts as an on/off button. Press the paddle and then the hat button and it zooms. Press the paddle again and the hat button does not zoom. More like a chain, rather than a modifier.

I have tested again in both versions and see this behavior only in 2.0. When holding the paddle in as modifier and pressing the assigned button it should always zoom like in 1.5., at least that is my take.

Edit: To clarify how I use this in 1.5, I want the Hat 3 Up button on my Warthog to VR zoom with the paddle held, and the Hat 3 Up button to perform another function without the paddle held. Works great this way in 1.5.

In 2.0 however, the paddle set as modifier acts as a switch to turn on VR zoom when the Hat 3 Up button is pressed, and turn it off when pressed again, so defeats the purpose in how I want to use it like I do in 1.5

Edited by dburne

Don B

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | Valve Index| Vive Pro 2 |

My guess is you accidently assigned the B4 not as momentary modifier but as a switch in DCS 2.0.

Augh!!

I had thought of that, and had gone in and double, even triple checked that before making my post here on this! I was convinced I was right and there was an issue.

So after your post I thought ok I am going to go back in there and really check it out once again - and sure enough when I clicked the modifier button along the bottom I saw I had indeed added the paddle button as a switch, not a modifier!

Needless to say, all is well now and there is no issue!

Thanks for the feedback and getting me to check it out again!!

Don B

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | Valve Index| Vive Pro 2 |