AI door gunner wont open up.

drack

Hi Folks,

I've put together a small mission where I have to follow an AI Huey to an LZ. On the way we take some ground fire.

The problem is that I cant get the AI to open the side doors and have the door gunners fire.

I've tried adjusting the ROE in ME but still nothing.

Anybody know how to do this?

Many thanks.

Graham.

• ED Team

Hi

currently the AI door gunners do not engage by design, not sure if this will be changed in the future or not.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

currently the AI door gunners do not engage by design, not sure if this will be changed in the future or not.

Really? I haven't flown the huey with door gunners in awhile... When did this change? I thought they did engage before. If kept this way, what would be the purpose of having the door gunners if they never engage?

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Try right Cntl + 3 do it twice and also twice for Right Cntl + 4. That works for me, first to open doors and 2nd to put them to free fire mode. It was working at least up to 1.5.5 for me

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

I have mentioned it to ED, you never know the Belsimtek guys may reconsider in the future, it is certainly something I would like to see again being an old air-mobile guy myself :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

huey really needs bst's attention

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

The AI door Gunners on an AI Huey that I'm following wont open fire.

Thanks for the info BigNewy.

They never did (except in a buggy way for a week or two right after relase - until they got disabled).

Iirc it was said that due to DCS sim engine limitations the AI has no logic to operate them. I guess, DCS has no concept of an aircraft aiming and firing sideways (opposed to the usually front mounted, forward firing aircraft guns).

This was reported (by me) right after the release, a few years back. But maaaaybe the engine evolved a bit over time in this regard?

Hi Folks,

I've put together a small mission where I have to follow an AI Huey to an LZ. On the way we take some ground fire.

The problem is that I cant get the AI to open the side doors and have the door gunners fire.

Graham.

Just from memory, may have changed as I haven't tested recently, but if you adjust the weapons loadout of the huey, so that it doesn't have any rockets or miniguns for the co-Pilot / Pilot to use, ie: just the door gunners weapons, they will work and open fire.

Also up in the advanced options for the huey (Accuracy or something like that) from 90 to 100% if you want them to be able to hit anything.

Regards, Ian

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 3 months later...

Hello, I just try, IA Gunners in IA UH1 with ROE Free Fire and 100% IA accuracy ...

gunners do not open fire ... :cry:

I know that DCS is primarily designed for multiplayer, but we also need AI to populate our battlefields.

Please Belsimtek, consider this. The Huey is a superb module, but if the AI ​​does not act properly, it breaks the gameplay a little.

We like dropping troops at enemy contact under the sound of M60 shots :smilewink:

PS: 3 months have already passed.

Edited by Angus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I noticed that the door guns of the AI Huey do raise, like if the gunners were activated. But the doors won't open.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Don't know about the doors, but according to the changelog for 2.1 the gunner behavior has been corrected in 2.1. Haven't tried yet.

Hopefully coming to 1.5 at next update.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5