Bad ccrp mode accuracy

blast

Hi everyone,

Everytime I'm using the CCRP mode, the accuracy is very bad even if the mark selection is correctly set on the target and the horizontal lines on the HUD are aligned.

I tested it with the version 1.5.6.1938 but I read a thread on the forum that there were some issues with the ccrp's accuracy since a previous update.

Are you experiencing the same or it's just me not using correctly the procedure?

Ty

PS: I have no problem with the CCIP mode.

Dead accurate for me with zero wind... Dive angle too shallow maybe?

CCRP?

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Try designating closer to the target, try steeper dives (like 30* just to test) check your winds. Most importantly, make sure your speed isn't super crazy. Like 350-480.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Oh right sorry I thought you were saying he should be performing a steep dive the entire time.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

• 2 months later...

Following the instructions of the manual (designating the target at no greater than 15 degrees and releasing in level flight), my MK-82's are way overshooting their targets. I've tried even placing the CCRP pipper a little short of the target and reducing speed without much improvement...

Apparently designating the target with a much steeper dive angle and releasing in a partial dive (10-15) appears to be helping my issue with MK-82's overshooting, but I feel like this is compensation that shouldn't be necessary for CCRP delivery...

See attached track for demonstration of the original issue (assuming I'm following procedures correctly).

m2000_mk82_2.trk

Edited by Aeger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For me the best to hit a target with 99% accuracy is :

1. Keep an altitude of 10000 feet above the ground

2. When im close enough to the target, i mark it with an angle of -30 degree

3. When marked, I level the nose to -10 or -15 degree

4. Then i drop the bomb by keeping the attitude (not altitude)

Its my favorite mode now for dropping bombs

Thanks for the responses guys.

Though, my confusion still remains as to why 30 degree dives and 15 degree releases are necessary to hit the target. My understanding of CCRP (albeit basic) is that you should be able to release in level fight and even in positive climb (e.g. even in toss bombing scenarios).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toss_bombing

The same computational solutions used in the LABS system are now incorporated into two of the major bombing modes (the computer-controlled CCRP and a dedicated visually oriented "Dive-Toss" mode) of the Fire Control Computer of modern strike fighters such as the F-15E and F-16. As with LABS, the pilot designates their desired impact point, then consents to release while executing a climb, and the computer controls the actual release of the bomb. The integration into the FCC simplifies the pilot's workload by allowing the same bombing mode (CCRP) to be used for level, dive and loft bombing, providing similar cues in the pilot's displays regardless of the tactics used, since the computer simply sees it as the release point getting closer.
Isn't the TAS supposed to use radar ranging to determine the slant range to the target and, now that you have distance, using velocity the ballistic computer can calculate the release point (e.g. distance/speed = time, in addition to taking bomb weight/dynamics into account)?

I'm almost wondering if the TAS isn't catching the terrain accurately at lower angles of approach, but this is just my guess.

Edit: just for fun, a video of an A-10 using CCRP to lob a rocket to the target:

Edited by Aeger
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the responses guys.

Though, my confusion still remains as to why 30 degree dives and 15 degree releases are necessary to hit the target. My understanding of CCRP (albeit basic) is that you should be able to release in level fight and even in positive climb (e.g. even in toss bombing scenarios).

Its not a necessity, its just me and my experience on this type of bombing. 30 degree to mark your target will give you much more precision than inferior angles. Then release at 10 degree angle its because i find it faster and easier to stabilize my slope and speed. If you move during the drop, the bomb wont reach the target.

Its not a necessity

It seems to be, as I cannot bomb otherwise without the bombs overshooting their targets.

Basically my point is I cannot employ a payload in the traditional sense of CCRP (at level flight or in a climb) without consistently overshooting my target. I'm just wondering if this is a known issue and/or being looked at.

Thanks!

Edited by Aeger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It seems to be, as I cannot bomb otherwise without the bombs overshooting their targets.

Basically my point is I cannot employ a payload in the traditional sense of CCRP (at level fight or in a climb) without consistently overshooting my target. I'm just wondering if this is a known issue and/or being looked at.

Thanks!

Ya, this has been reported. I can't find the thread at the moment. I agree that you shouldn't have to dive at a specific angle to hit your target. The computer should figure out when to release based on all the flight parameters no matter what your angle, speed, altitude, etc. is.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has this been fixed already ?

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

I tryd CCRP Bombing today with the mirage and i had noticed that the MK82 are precise like a laser guided bomb, where all other CCRP deliverys overshot the target. I did always the same, approach at 10'000ft, wait until target is under my nose, dive, designate target, level out, release.

Mk82 are always on targe while GBU-12 and the beluga overshot constantly. I used TAS

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE

CCRP always overshoots in my tests using Mk82 @10k ft ~500knots in shallow dive less than 10 degrees. 15-20 degrees drop angle is accurate within 15m, but defeats the purpose of what I understand CCRP is by forcing you to get extremely close to a target and exposing yourself to threats.

Should I be expecting a fix eventually that allows me to level bomb from altitude in the Mirage using CCRP?

CCRP always overshoots in my tests using Mk82 @10k ft ~500knots in shallow dive less than 10 degrees. 15-20 degrees drop angle is accurate within 15m, but defeats the purpose of what I understand CCRP is by forcing you to get extremely close to a target and exposing yourself to threats.

Should I be expecting a fix eventually that allows me to level bomb from altitude in the Mirage using CCRP?

:thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

I didn't believe you so I tested this myself. Can confirm, CCRP with a 20-30 degree dive hits close to aim point, leveling out causes overshoot of Mk82.

I didn't believe you so I tested this myself. Can confirm, CCRP with a 20-30 degree dive hits close to aim point, leveling out causes overshoot of Mk82.

Same experience here, more tweaking is needed but we are almost there :).

that is really strange, beacause CCRP bombing with mk82 is always on target when i do a level release. If i try to drop it with a dive i dont hit the target.

i fly at 14k straight to the target,then i drop the nose and designate the target. level out and mostly 5-8 sec after i have to release the bombs @10-11k. this works for me everytime, without wind of course.

Also my squad mates dont have problem with ccrp bombing as long as you perfectly level. almost all bombs ar perfect on target. the only strange thing i noticed in my tacview is GBU's tend to overshoot, fired from different pilots in different situations almost all bombs overshot slightly, absolut no problems with the mk82 though

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE