Manual targeting

Pruciak

Let's say I'm cruising along in a multiplayer mission and I suddenly detect a ground target but i don't have a waypoint on it pre planned. Is there a way to quickly make a waypoint on the target so I can use weapons to destroy it? I understand that some weapons I can use without the target waypoints like rb75 but what about bombs or mjolnir?

Bunyap covers bombs on targets of opportunity in one of the last videos in his Viggen series.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

select a steerpoint and make a navfix on it or enter the coordinates and create a markpoint...

Never just move a normal waypoint (B1-B9) with the radar (unless it is a proper position update), it will misalign the whole navsystem. You have to make it a target waypoint (M1-M9) first, then u can move it around without messing something up.

Edited by addde

It is very important (as stated before) to NOT move a regular waypoint from anywhere to elsewhere. The system than thinks that it had an extreme drift and will also update the rest of the flight plan (and all airfields etc) accordingly. You then need to clear all fixes by using Rensa.

However you can move target (not regular) waypoints without changing the flightplan. So you just create a new waypoint at random coordinates (444444/444444 for example), make it a target waypoint (important!) and then you can move it to your current or target position. For example by doing a quick overhead-fix or a radar-fix.

Let's say I'm cruising along in a multiplayer mission and I suddenly detect a ground target but i don't have a waypoint on it pre planned. Is there a way to quickly make a waypoint on the target so I can use weapons to destroy it? I understand that some weapons I can use without the target waypoints like rb75 but what about bombs or mjolnir?

You can, to do it you need a target waypoint, if you don't have on already that you have available to move you can convert a waypoint to a target waypoint by selecting "Takt" on the computer mode selector, then select "In" and enter 9, after entering 9 press the button for the waypoint you want to convert. After doing that, you select the waypoint by going into computer mode "Akt Pos" and pressing the waypoint button. When you have selected the target waypoint you can make a fix on the target location.

Edit: As stated above make sure you don't make the fix when you have a regular (B) waypoint selected as this will screw up the entire flight plan. :-)

Haven't tried it, but is it possible to create a new way/mission point on a blank waypoint button with the radar like we can do it with the BX points?

-Push a blank navpoint button

-Radar fix 1

-Fix 2

Make it a mission point with TAKT 9

?!

Correct, but i would start by making it a target point (M=Mål=Target) BEFORE making the fix, to avoid screwing up the flight plan. :-)

You can, to do it you need a target waypoint, if you don't have on already that you have available to move you can convert a waypoint to a target waypoint by selecting "Takt" on the computer mode selector, then select "In" and enter 9, after entering 9 press the button for the waypoint you want to convert. After doing that, you select the waypoint by going into computer mode "Akt Pos" and pressing the waypoint button. When you have selected the target waypoint you can make a fix on the target location.

Edit: As stated above make sure you don't make the fix when you have a regular (B) waypoint selected as this will screw up the entire flight plan. :-)

Correct, but i would start by making it a target point (M=Mål=Target) BEFORE making the fix, to avoid screwing up the flight plan. :-)

Great thanks!

- Takt 9 on not used B- point

- back to Akt pos

- select the new M point if it is not already selected

- make a Radar fix

Correct?

Great thanks!

- Takt 9 on not used B- point

- back to Akt pos

- select the new M point if it is not already selected

- make a Radar fix

Correct?

That should work yes, you can either make a radar fix or enter the LOLA coordinates manually. :-)

Next thing you need to worry about will be trying to determine the QFE of your chosen target but this is at least a start as I've wondering the same thing about killing targets of opportunity.

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

Yepp, did that before. But using a blank waypoint without entering coordinates would make the procedure 20 seconds faster :D

I'll give it a try.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to enter coordinates. IIRC, 'blank' waypoints just have the coordinates from the most recent actual waypoint by default, per manual/automatic waypoint selection on p. 132 of the manual. (That is to say, I'm pretty sure Einherjer's procedure is the fastest, safest way).

I haven't tested it, but the CK37 might not even treat waypoints without pre-entered coordinates as part of the flight plan, so it may be safe to fix directly on a blank waypoint, then convert it to a target. Safest to convert to a target first, though, I suppose, if that's possible.

As for QFE, you can get within 10 meters by overflying your target and noting the difference between the radar altimeter on the HUD and the standard altimeter. It does require flat ground to make the adjustment, or a knowledge of the meters-per-mbar ratio for the current temperature. (It's about 7-8 meters per mbar.) Obviously fraught with error, but the aircraft really doesn't have much in the way of features for this sort of thing.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

I'm pretty sure you don't need to enter coordinates. IIRC, 'blank' waypoints just have the coordinates from the most recent actual waypoint by default, per manual/automatic waypoint selection on p. 132 of the manual. (That is to say, I'm pretty sure Einherjer's procedure is the fastest, safest way).

I haven't tested it, but the CK37 might not even treat waypoints without pre-entered coordinates as part of the flight plan, so it may be safe to fix directly on a blank waypoint, then convert it to a target. Safest to convert to a target first, though, I suppose, if that's possible.

As for QFE, you can get within 10 meters by overflying your target and noting the difference between the radar altimeter on the HUD and the standard altimeter. It does require flat ground to make the adjustment, or a knowledge of the meters-per-mbar ratio for the current temperature. (It's about 7-8 meters per mbar.) Obviously fraught with error, but the aircraft really doesn't have much in the way of features for this sort of thing.

Just make a Bx point

Can we use the bx points as normal target points? And if so, is it important which BX point we set? (Like 8 for the rb15)

The Bx Points can only really be used to navigate with (with the exception of bx 6-9 which are also used for the rbs15). I dont think u can for example launch BK90s at them.