Gun sight in 190-d

First Par

Hey guys, I am just getting to know DCS and have a question. Why is the "Distance Dial" for gunsight in 190 so twitchy? Seems I cant find a control to map, that holds its setting? It constantly keeps rolling even though i turn it to 300 yds. I have used keyboard, joystick buttons to same result. Any help would be appreciated! Does this gyro sight even get much use by players? This is first time using this in a sim, so how do you use it,or do you?

IMO, the best is if you set "Distance Dial" as a axis. If you have on spare.

And yes, it is useful, but only if you align your flight path with target`s.

If your target does not maneuver too much violently, you will appreciate it.

But, it is not mostly useful during wild dogfight.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

I use a TM Warthog throttle, and I have bound both the wingspan and the range to axis controls on the throttle. The wingspan is bound to the small slider on the right, and the range is bound to the left throttle. This works very well, and it's not twitchy at all.

Still the behaviour you describe is strange, almost as if you had an axis bound to it in addition to the buttons.

To your last point, I find the EZ-42 very useful. If I can get the bandit into the sight, the probability of good hits is much better than with the simple REVI sight of the Bf-109. Of course you have to adjust the wingspan so it roughly matches the apparent "size" of the bandit.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

But, it is not mostly useful during wild dogfight.

+1

Without a boresight marking you'll improve faster by leaving the gyro off.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I use a TM Warthog throttle, and I have bound both the wingspan and the range to axis controls on the throttle. The wingspan is bound to the small slider on the right, and the range is bound to the left throttle. This works very well, and it's not twitchy at all.

Still the behaviour you describe is strange, almost as if you had an axis bound to it in addition to the buttons.

To your last point, I find the EZ-42 very useful. If I can get the bandit into the sight, the probability of good hits is much better than with the simple REVI sight of the Bf-109. Of course you have to adjust the wingspan so it roughly matches the apparent "size" of the bandit.

good idea, I hadn't thought about putting the range on the left side throttle :thumbup: