1.5.6 Negative Issues

DieHard

Fuel pressure gauge does not work until the engine starts.

It is correct now.

The fuel flow glass does not work at all, anytime.

You should take external fuel tank, that pipe with glass part is connection between external fuel tank and main fuel tank. If you do not have it, it does not show anything.

Manual start in SP or MP does not work for me.

Hold clutch at least 10 seconds, 11 or 12 are better and it will works.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Everything worked fine a year ago, last time I flew the Bf-109!

ED fixed/improved/corrected stuff since! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Doesn't work for me, all 3 instances, still. Am using Windows 7 Pro & GTX 970.

Been playing with 109 all day, easily at least 10 hours and still.

Stating my factual findings. Not open for debate.

Fix the damn thing!!

Thanks for reply.

I normally pump 4 times and it's working

How many times have you tried pumping?

dont pump. 0 times.

mags on, fuel pump on, push all the circuit breakers in (except lights if you like, or the radio as well if you dont want it), mw50 switch to the right, signal the ground crew and let the inertial starter spin all the way up. be patient and wait for it. then pull the clutch and hold it till the motor starts.

maybe this is a dumb tip but dont touch the engine stop lever. leave it down.

I have never in any patch, in sp or mp ever had problems starting the engine. only exception is acg in the winter mission, where you occasionally have to prime.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

The pressure gauge is not supposed to show anything without the engine running. This was corrected by ED some time ago.

No idea what is written in chucks guide, or if it is anywhere near up to date. Don't prime and follow the procedure I wrote above, or any other procedure you like. I fly this thing almost every day and never have problems.

No one is trying to debate with you, the aircraft is startable. Obviously you are doing something wrong somewhere or you have a broken install maybe?

• Like 1

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

?

9./JG27

That video is from Sep 2015. The fuel pressure gauge currently does not move with plane off. This has at least been this way since I started flying 109 in Dec 2015. Just as Default said, no need to prime before starting engine. I have flown the 109 over 1000 hours in the last year and do not prime as a normal startup procedure. I have only used the pump a couple times on a very cold server and even then the gauge did not move until the engine was started.

• Like 1

I apologize!

Acted and reacted badly.

Pisses me off, that video in Message #7 is how it used to be December '14. Then somebody changed it! Have not flown the Messerschmidt in about a year.

I now can manually start no problem on the Burning Skies server.

Priming pump is what was messing me up, most likely I overflooded the carb.

Thanks for the advice.

(Wonder what the Fulke-Wolfe has waiting for me as new surprises?)

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No problem. Glad to see you got it working now. As for the FW I never prime there either. Also hold the starter for a long time (almost 30 seconds) to get it spun up. Other than that the procedure is pretty much the same.

9./JG27