after 1.5.6 Mig-29s skin patched green

fitness88

After installing version 1.5.6 the Mig-29s skin is composed of different shades of green. This only happens when I enable my JSGME mods. However I never had this issue with the mods enabled using prior versions of DCS.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Edited by fitness88
issue resolved

Screenshot please?

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

cthulhu68's answer above is correct, the MiG-29s external model is new so all old skins no longer work. Since you are not using any custom skins I don't know why the new stock skin won't show in the game when game mods are installed.

If you have no custom skins in your MiG-29s skin folder then it seems one of your mods may be causing the issue. Try to remove all your mods, then install them again but only one at a time, then start the game and view the MiG to see which mod is causing this.

Anyone else having trouble seeing a proper skin texture for the new MiG-29s?

Edited by Winston 60

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

cthulhu68's answer above is correct, the MiG-29s external model is new so all old skins no longer work. Since you are not using any custom skins I don't know why the new stock skin won't show in the game when game mods are installed.

If you have no custom skins in your MiG-29s skin folder then it seems one of your mods may be causing the issue. Try to remove all your mods, then install them again but only one at a time, then start the game and view the MiG to see which mod is causing this.

Anyone else having trouble seeing a proper skin texture for the new MiG-29s?

Here is the skin with no mod:

Screen_170213_103048.thumb.jpg.7c97a20ede998d1fb5c61876c21a3277.jpg

It's a lot of test flights to go through each mod one by one.

fitness88, yes but this may be the only way to find the offending mod. I have the same problem as you but I'm away from my computer for some days and cannot troubleshoot it.

fitness88, I have found the offending file, in my case, by messing around and adding the mods I use on my gaming computer to my laptop (server). I normally don't mod the server but I needed to find a solution to this problem so I could get rid of this texture issue on my gaming machine.

The fault lies in the file: Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\graphics.lua

I modded mine awhile back to get a farther draw distance on certain static ground objects. It appears that this file has added entries in the recent 1.5.6 update so I suggest you restore the new graphics.lua file and then test. If your texture problem goes away, you can mod the new graphics.lua file and see how it goes.

This solved my problem, so I hope it might be the same in your case and might save you the work of installing mods one at a time to find the offender. Good Luck!

fitness88, I have found the offending file, in my case, by messing around and adding the mods I use on my gaming computer to my laptop (server). I normally don't mod the server but I needed to find a solution to this problem so I could get rid of this texture issue on my gaming machine.

The fault lies in the file: Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\graphics.lua

I modded mine awhile back to get a farther draw distance on certain static ground objects. It appears that this file has added entries in the recent 1.5.6 update so I suggest you restore the new graphics.lua file and then test. If your texture problem goes away, you can mod the new graphics.lua file and see how it goes.

This solved my problem, so I hope it might be the same in your case and might save you the work of installing mods one at a time to find the offender. Good Luck!

Great work Winston 60. I did a line by line comparison and found the problem. Line 47: "./Bazar/Textures/HAF_Mod", should be on line 48: Line 47: which should have been "./Bazar/Textures/mig-29c", was removed somehow and caused line 48: to shift into line 47; position.

Thanks.

I must add that if everyone else sees the green patch work as I did...it would make for excellent camouflage.

Edited by fitness88
  • Like 1

if everyone else sees the green patch work as I did...it would make for excellent camouflage.

The AAF Camo in Arma 3 is damn near Identical, I was quite amused first time I had a texture bug in DCS!

arma3_11-13_screenshot01.jpg

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat