DSMS Weapon Profile Changes

Mikkall

Apologies in advance if this has been covered. I can't seem to find a straight answer.

Is there some sort of bug that causes changes to weapons profiles NOT to save? I typically try and set LGB's to CCRP (from CCIP), set Autolase ON with 8sec LS time. It ~normally~ takes half a doesn't attempts to get it to stick, if it ever does.

I got to the Main profile page... select weapon, change to CCRP-Save-repeat to change set-auto lase on-8sec LS time-Save. Go back and check, back to CCIP no autolase, no LS time.

MANY different combinations of when I choose to hit Save, or whether or not making changes by selecting the weapon then viewing profile or doing it from the main profile page... seems there no rhyme or reason to it, just dumb luck or no luck at all.

If you choose the weapon from the DSMS page by selecting the corresponding OSB instead of scrolling with DMS Left/Right or ACT PRO from the Profile Page, the weapon profile will resort to default setting.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Are you naming your profile before you save it? I always set up a CCRP/Auto-lase custom profile whenever I'm in the Hog instead of using the automatically generated one.

Here's my normal flow before I take off -

- DSMS page

- Select 'Prof'

- Use Up/Down to select the default GBU-12 profile

- Select 'View Prof'

- Enter name

- Change CCRP

- Select 'Change Set'

- Set auto lase/time etc..

- Save

Then just select that named profile when you need it.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

If you choose the weapon from the DSMS page by selecting the corresponding OSB instead of scrolling with DMS Left/Right or ACT PRO from the Profile Page, the weapon profile will resort to default setting.

I think jcbak has the right answer here.

I can't say for sure without seeing a track, but I'm guessing you're selecting the weapons from the main DSMS page (not the profile selection page). This is the equivalent of the "manual" profile, which doesn't use your profile at all.

What you want to do is, after you save your weapons profile, use the master mode switch on your HOTAS until you're in CCRP mode, then use coolie switch up (keyboard 'U' by default IIRC) to select your HUD as SOI, then use DSMS left and right until your GBU profile is selected. NOW you have your profile and all the settings you saved selected.