V - VR dashboard Crash

SpeedStick

Finally found a software that can handle windows inside the headset.

Removing and putting the headset back on every time you wanna check something is annoying: http://www.hellov.io/

Tried it with Elite Dangerous and it just works out of the box. Tap the headset two times and use menues.

However with DCS it doesn't detect it automatically and when I inject it it just crashes DCS. Anyone else had this problem?

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Finally found a software that can handle windows inside the headset.

Removing and putting the headset back on every time you wanna check something is annoying: http://www.hellov.io/

Tried it with Elite Dangerous and it just works out of the box. Tap the headset two times and use menues.

However with DCS it doesn't detect it automatically and when I inject it it just crashes DCS. Anyone else had this problem?

I get very random results, sometimes it works (rarely), sometimes crashes, sometimes only shows in 1 eye. Its new, itll get better, I would report your findings to the makers. Chances are this isnt a DCS problem, since they are injected their own UI into the VR Compositer

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Thanks for the info.

I see. It probably is a problem on dashboards end, just thought that maybe someone had the same problem. Contacted them through the only way I could, Discord. No answer though.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

• 1 year later...

I only just come across Hello V, was looking for something like this for VR training for the F/A-18.

It is working better from what I've seen posted above and HERE

When launching the GUI menu in sim, it's locking out my joystick controls. It's still workable if you pause and quickly highlight the webpage scroll then move the oculus hand controllers away.

So just pause the sim when playing with the HelloV VR menu system and or moving the location. Yes I crashed a few times trying to do this while playing.;)

This would be good if ED could implement there own system here perhaps? It's very cool being able to watch aircraft training videos, resize the browser etc. Even if they just allowed the kneeboard to do this would be good, then you could place it on your lap etc.

look-see

Also I'm not sure how safe this browser is to login to anything? Stay on the cautious side I'm thinking. I did log into an old gmail and use the google drive to hold one of Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library guides PDF's.

This did work, just highlight the PDF manual on the drive, then click the enter key on the Hello V in game keyboard.

This will bring the PDF up using the google drive PDF viewer.

attachment.php?attachmentid=183957&stc=1&d=1525570473

attachment.php?attachmentid=183960&stc=1&d=1525580039

-

GoogleDrive.jpg.5a4b5581a1c46459250eab598fc6c06d.jpg

PDFVR.jpg.54f98c93ff44ae537c21ed67534e17c3.jpg

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• 1 month later...

Necropost time.

While V was working for me it seems that something I've done or DCS update broke it, crashes DCS every time I inject it into the sim... I was getting used to being able to look at Discord again :(

Edited by IceFire

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...