SU-27 WONT TURN in taxi

Kaliphtan

• 1 month later...
press lalt+q to enable nws

Many thanks to you sir. I had the very same problem as OP had and i was very confused, since my friend didnt have any problems with taxiing. I checked my configs like million times and couldnt figure out why my plane kept turning right.

a few days ago i couldn't taxi with f-15 in a mp server.

normally pressing and hold "s" solves this. and while taking off i press and hold "lalt+q" to disengage nws for straight acceleration

edit: sorry, wrong plane :)

Edited by ebabil

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 5 months later...

Does the real Flanker have NWS like American fighters, or is it like the MiG-21 differential steering system?

Edited by mytai01

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I found a link to an old Aviation Week magazine article that specifically states that the Flanker has nose wheel steering.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://aviationweek.com/site-files/aviationweek.com/files/uploads/2015/01/1990-%2520Su-27%2520Pilot%2520Report%2520%25281%2520of%25202%2529.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjih7fPu5HWAhXDiFQKHfqtBNMQFgh0MBA&usg=AFQjCNGC7ZJiOMsDSItBao4Do2L2DTBORg

I never knew till now that Flanker had NWS in real life nor in DCS!

Edited by mytai01

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

• 5 months later...
Do you have to hold this to steer or does this keystroke toggle NWS on and off?

Mower, it's like in the F-16, just that you don't have the NWS light infront of your face :D

The NWS switch needs to look forward. That switch is located to the left of the Flaps button and somewhere to the right of the "S" or cobra maneuver switch.