DCS world realism

FlightControl

Guys,

How realistic is DCS World in terms of detection?

What are things taken into account in DCS Woeld and what are the things that are really unrealistic?

Fc

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

on AI side, not so...

On human side, depends if you use zoom, (i assume you do) then not so, but if you don't use zoom, i'd say, it's quite good, allthough i have no experience with real life

What factors play on AI side?

All these questions are for a script in development...

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

It depends on the equipment.

Example:

An optically aimed ZU-23 AAA unit can't see you flying above at night, a radar guided ZSU can. Likewise a TOR SAM will see you from 40 miles in any conditions. Add a long range radar to a group, and it will have long distance eyes.

Basic detection is a radius, and it's true the trees on the Black Sea map don't block the AI view or bullets. On NTTR some trees obstruct, while large forests don't.

These, as with all things DCS are subject to change.

I recommend you test with whichever units/maps you are interested in.

• Like 1

For all sensors, there's modelling of LOS obstruction (which for PAI includes the aircraft structure), but trees blocking LOS are not assessed on the Georgian map.

AI shouldn't always immediately detect targets visually - they have a probability of detection for whatever is in their LOS within some time period.

For radar RCS & range are taken into account, for Doppler radar aspect / closure rate and look up look down are all modelled.

For EOS, IR signature, aspect, range & AB use.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...