Air to Air radar mode elavation indication not working

microvax

I mean the title is self explanatory, but here for completeness sake:

In air to air mode, the radar elavation indicator allways shows a neutral position, even if that is not the case.

This makes it very hard to estimates a contacts altitude.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

I mean the title is self explanatory, but here for completeness sake:

In air to air mode, the radar elavation indicator allways shows a neutral position, even if that is not the case.

This makes it very hard to estimates a contacts altitude.

Was doing some dogfights with a friend (he was flying Mig-21) and I can confirm that the radar while in any of the air to air modes in both SP and MP the elevation is fixed in the neutral position despite using even the keyboard inputs for the radar positive and negative elevation controls.

Also a question, the manual says,

The sight calculations will be correct at this point, but it is

necessary to “lead” the target if it is maneuvering.

In the radar mode, the sight is calculating the ballistics of the rounds based on the measured range to target.

Despite the elevation being fixed, I can put the radar into air to air direct ranging mode by holding down the TV radar stick trigger. I'm having a hard time telling if this should be giving me leading information for shooting the AKAN pods, or rather simply calculating the ballistics for the rounds when shooting at a straight and level target (an optimized fixed gunsight).

Was doing some dogfights with a friend (he was flying Mig-21) and I can confirm that the radar while in any of the air to air modes in both SP and MP the elevation is fixed in the neutral position despite using even the keyboard inputs for the radar positive and negative elevation controls.

Also a question, the manual says,

Despite the elevation being fixed, I can put the radar into air to air direct ranging mode by holding down the TV radar stick trigger. I'm having a hard time telling if this should be giving me leading information for shooting the AKAN pods, or rather simply calculating the ballistics for the rounds when shooting at a straight and level target (an optimized fixed gunsight).

For the the elavation changes, but the indicator states its neutral all the time.

The air to air ranging just accounts for drop, not for target movement, but not sure if ranging works atm, didnt try that yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The ranging definitely works (or at least the radar is definitely locking onto the target plane and giving me prompts on when to fire...), the question is if it can direct the seekers on the robot-74/24J/24s...

Also on another thread, an LNS member said that the sight isn't leading because by default, the leading is off and you need to enter the TAKT code before you shoot to re-enable lead computing. However he may of been talking to another person on the thread talking about leading the rockets and gunpods in A2G/A2S mode...I'll see if I can find it.

The radar cant lock anything and thus cant direct aim9 or provide lead, just ranging.

Its really only the elavation indication beeing broken by the looks of it. I can elavate the radar but it doesnt tell me how much its elavated, which is kinda hindering.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]