Updater: Don't Run after update

Worrazen

One of the recurring things that keeps bugging me is that the game starts automatically after update. I would like to have an option not to run the game after an update.

I usually run defragmentation after updates, etc

Thanks

1st.: PC Specs: Win10P 2004 (20H1), 1440p@75"32 - MB: Asus ROG Strix X-570E - CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G - GPU: AMD Radeon RX480 - RAM: 64 GB - SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe

2nd.: PC Specs: Win10P 2004 (20H1), 1440p@75"32 - MB: Asus P9X79 - CPU: Intel i7 3820 - RAM: 32GB - GPU: AMD Radeon RX480 8GB - SSD Samsung 870 EVO 250GB (DCS), Input: Saitek Cyborg X/FLY5

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2.

Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria.

I usually run defragmentation after updates, etc

Can I ask why you do it after every update? Every few months, sure, but every update?

Defragging an NTFS HDD is a very rare occurance these days, it's just a hell of a better file system than the old FAT32 was due to how it's constructed.

If you're rocking DCS on an SSD, you shouldn't as it's bad for the drive!

I'd second the option to not auto-launch though. It's a tad annoying.

Well, It only auto-starts after update, if You clicked the shortcut to actually play the game. Never does when You run updater only. Seems normal to me.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Well, It only auto-starts after update, if You clicked the shortcut to actually play the game. Never does when You run updater only. Seems normal to me.

^This!

If you have deleted the "Update DCS World" link in the Start-Menu, copy the DCS World Link (Desktop icon), right-click, details and add update after the path to the updater:

"C:\...\DCS_Updater.exe" update

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)