L-Mål not working

Frejden

All my other waypoint´s work as intended. But when i RTB and try to use L-Mål nine times out of ten it point´s at the completely wrong direction and over 40Miles away.

There don´t seem to be a problem with my start-up as i did it with a friend and exactly the same way and still got the same result, and his L-Mål worked fine. We spawned in as group and have the same waypoint´s set up aswell.

did you load the cartrige correctly?

checked for navdrift?

checked that you are heading towards the right location?

Cartrige is loaded correctly, no problems with navdrift. I have tested L-Mål standing on the runway and parking area aswell as in the air and the problem seems to remain. Some times it workes bur rearly and me not doing anything diffrent.

Yes it is, i am the only one with this problem in our group of three, so our waypoints are exactly the same. I have swaped places with the other planes and still get this error where the other players do not. Was thinking that i made a misstake somewhere in start-up but as i did the exact same thing as the others and still got this even tho they didnt, im thinking the error is somewher else. (I did not have this problem before the update last Friday)

Seems like we gotten closer to the problem. When i test it in Offline mode it workes fine, or when i host a server and no one have joined it works. But as soon as someone joines i gett this problem. We just tested and having them host a server and then i did not have this problem but they did.

So the problems seems to be for the person that host the game.

Edited by Frejden

I only have this problem when the mission designer didn't put a Landing Waypoint in.

Just for the lols I'd test the following when you're RTB next time.

- Data Selector to REF/LOLA

- Input Mode

- 90XX (Change XX to the Airfield ID where you want to land)

- L-Mål

- Back to Output

- Data Selector to BANA/GRÄNS and check for the right RWY

- Data Selector to AKT/POS

- L-Mål to select landing waypoint again

Might help.

-K

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

I only have this problem when the mission designer didn't put a Landing Waypoint in.

Just for the lols I'd test the following when you're RTB next time.

- Data Selector to REF/LOLA

- Input Mode

- 90XX (Change XX to the Airfield ID where you want to land)

- L-Mål

- Back to Output

- Data Selector to BANA/GRÄNS and check for the right RWY

- Data Selector to AKT/POS

- L-Mål to select landing waypoint again

Might help.

-K

Yes Landing Waypoint is set, the problem only seems to happen to the person that is hosting the game. When entering the Airport ID L Mål is where it should be. so that is working. Still it is very strange. Thank´s for the tip on entering the ID, will have to use this workournd until it´s fixed.

• 4 months later...

Me and a friend have that issue since the very beginning. I've just read the present thread, and I did some testing alone in a multiplayer mission of my own, hoping this post will help Heatblur get rid of this annoying issue.

Symptoms :

On the ground, I successfully load the cartridge (return code is 000000).

After taking off (time=t0), I follow B1, then B2. At t0 + 2min, I switch to LS: the CI tells me to fly straight ahead, although the airbase is behind me. L/MAL points at another wrong direction. I'm now as lost as Little Thumb. :(

Here's the flight plan. Waypoint 5 is a proper "Landing" point on Gudauta airbase.

5d5b2d5a2b988a1dd38c2665eebb74e1.png

I'm flying towards B2 and I switch to B1: B1 is behind me. The CI is correct.

b2635c26c06183638b7a0ab05a95e9f2.th.jpg

Still flying towards B2 and I switch to B2: B2 is in front of me. The CI is correct.

c4eba0b3795214e49813a1bd29d5a02d.th.jpg

Still flying towards B2 and I switch to M3: M3 is in front of me. The CI is still correct.

565115c104534712464db844bc66f674.th.jpg

Still flying towards B2 and I switch to LS: LS seems to be in front of me. The CI is wrong (it seems to point at M3).

e0a9e05f30aae780b4562a6fcb4f4f47.th.jpg

Still flying towards B2 and I switch to L/MAL: L1 seems to be in my 1 o'clock. The CI is wrong (it seems to point at Anapa).

544e819d259d2199a3d4b04b8e38fcfc.th.jpg

I never manage to get the proper direction for LS, nor L/MAL.

Here's the mission file. I fly the anti-ship Viggen slot.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Yes Landing Waypoint is set, the problem only seems to happen to the person that is hosting the game. When entering the Airport ID L Mål is where it should be. so that is working. Still it is very strange. Thank´s for the tip on entering the ID, will have to use this workournd until it´s fixed.

The manual says that before takeoff, but after data cartridge loading, it is recommended to enter the ID of starting and landing field(s). So for all we know, it could be an intended feature to make us follow the procedures or something...either that or indeed a glitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you are sure that L-Mål is actually set to Gudauta?

If you select L-Mål and go to Ref LoLa what numbers does it tell you?

And do those numbers correspond to Gudauta if you double check with the Kneeboard.

Its common on MP servers that you might have to input the L-Mål manually even if other Waypoints are pre-loaded.

Dont know why this occurs but always double check the Landing waypoints before take-off and make sure its the one you want.

(Might want to make it a Habit of double checking the LS as well since while it not needed most of the time for first take off its a good habit to have when Re-Fueling / Re-Arming at a different airfield).

For me its Usually Anapa that became the L-Mål when it was not the Starting airfield (even if Anapa was on the other side of the map).

Dont know what caused it but simply double checking the L-Mål numbers and correcting it when needed is a simple and easy fix

(that works for me atleast).

OK, I've just done a quick test. After loading the cartridge, I got :

LS = 9010 (Gudauta), Ref LoLa gives coordinates of Gudauta airbase.

L1 = 9001 (Anapa), Ref LoLa gives coordinates of Gudauta airbase. How come?

I then fixed L1 successfully by entering 9010.

After I took off, L1 was working just fine, but LS never worked: the CI kept displaying the last used destination (e.g. if I select B1, then LS, the CI will point at B1).

Thank you for the tip, mattebubben.

After all this testing, I'd say LS is bugged, and L/MAL is either a bug or a feature.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.