With 1.5.6 Openbeta many stuttering...

Hello,

I've installed v1.5.6 OpenBeta but I have more stuttering than v1.5.5.

Exemple: With a Viggen and during a rampstart I have always 60 FPS but many stuttering.

Is it normal because it's an OpenBeta or an problem with my DCS ?

Thanks in advance, Skull.

• Like 1

The last update to 1.5.6.1648 seem to have fixed most of it for me, although I still get the odd stutter, nothing anywhere near as bad as the initial release.

My main problem now seems to be that when I create a lot of noise, (guns / rockets), I risk a CTD, which never happened before.

The last update to 1.5.6.1648 seem to have fixed most of it for me, although I still get the odd stutter, nothing anywhere near as bad as the initial release.

Glad I saw this, did not realize they had issued another update to OB, going to give it a try as the stuttering affected me as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Oh yeah this update seems to have fixed the stuttering I was having in 1.56 OB as well - much better.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have huge stuttering with 1.5.6 it was smooth with 1.5.5

Like me...

I have huge stuttering with 1.5.6 it was smooth with 1.5.5:(

same here, even in the 1.5.6 release version. 1.5.6 seems to be a bit better fps wise than 1.5.5, but much worse regarding stuttering. Stuttering seems to occur if you look in a new direction or fly in a new direction. It's therefore possibly related to the way new terrain data is loaded. 1.5.5 did a much better job at that.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

I agree with wolle, fps seem a bit better but the new stuttering in release ver 1.5.6 is a terrible price to pay for it. For me each stutter seems to be related to an event happening in the mission, a plane spawning in, a weapon being used, an explosion occurring, etc. I hope ED gets to the source of these stutters. Looking now at the sheer number of things added or claiming to be fixed in this release version patch, it's only reasonable to say I think some of these "fixes" didn't go well and are probably causing these stutters. 1.5.5 was "stutter free" for me and my Squadron mates.

• Like 1

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

I experienced both significantly more stuttering and a noticeable drop in fps when going to 1.5.6 Release version. It was so noticeable that I rolled back to 1.5.5.

Hopefully ED can figure out the cause and resolve quickly. I fly with VR and was really looking forward to the fixed tool-tips and button highlights in training missions.