Trackir 5, paused brings me back to the center view

As the title says, it's very annoying, and it's happen to any flight sim i play

Could anyone tell me, please, how to fix it?

I'm using the software 5.4.2 ( latest)

Thanks in advance

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

As the title says, it's very annoying, and it's happen to any flight sim i play

Could anyone tell me, please, how to fix it?

I'm using the software 5.4.2 ( latest)

Thanks in advance

Check you settings for TrackIR usually F12 is used to centre..

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

F11 and F12 are zoom in and zoom out, assigned to the joystick

For center view, i tried some different keys, but with the same issue

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

F11 and F12 are zoom in and zoom out, assigned to the joystick

For center view, i tried some different keys, but with the same issue

IMO you're much better off assigning your joystick buttons to DCS slow zoom in and out.

You can also use the Normal Zoom command (Can't recall the exact command name) to instantaneously return to default unzoomed view.

I use a single command (thru VoiceAttack) to normalize Zoom and Center TiR simultaneously.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

It's like that in every game. When you turn off TrackIR it auto recenters. It's just how TrackIR functions. No signal = the camera returns to default position.

It should stay as it is, when paused.

Try checking the "Trap" box for that hotkey. I think that should solve your issue.

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

Try checking the "Trap" box for that hotkey. I think that should solve your issue.

There are 3 boxes checked ; Enable, Toogle and Trap

I mean for " Pause "

How do you have yours ?

Thanks

I think I had sort of the same problem..my resolve was re-installed the driver...

I did many times, same issue

There are 3 boxes checked ; Enable, Toogle and Trap

I mean for " Pause "

How do you have yours ?

Thanks

I have them all checked

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

Me too

I will keep trying, there must be a way to fix it

Thank you

• 11 months later...

I have the same problem since a few weeks (not sure if it was related to the newest driver software 5.4.2) Before I had a driver like 2 years old which worked fine. In Elite Dangerous it was always the same behavior so it returned to center when tracking was paused, which I found quite handy for this game. However in DCS where you have your buttons and switiches on the right and left console it was nice to have the possibility to pause it and click some buttons in an uncomfortable viewing position... I would be interested if this change is intended or if its some kind of a bug. So can anyone confirm he/she is using the latest driver 5.4.2 and can pause the view in DCS2.5 and it stays there?

Me too

I will keep trying, there must be a way to fix it

Thank you

Lenux, have you tried unlinking the F11 and F12 keys from the zoom functions. Just a thought.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 4 years later...

Wondering if there was ever any resolution to this problem.  I know for a fact I USED to be able to pause TRACKIR in order to focus on a particular area in the cockpit.  I can't anymore.

Seem's as though there used to be a pause function in the DCS keymapper (controls setup), but I could be thinking of another game.  For sure though, I used to be able to pause my view without the default return-to-center function kicking in.

Any help would be appreciated