transferring DCS and 2 modules into a new computer

fitness88

• ED Team

deactivate your keys on the old machine if you are no longer using it.

Download DCS on new machine https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

install DCS

Run and login to the module manager

download your modules

Activate your modules with your keys

fly and enjoy your modules

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

deactivate your keys on the old machine if you are no longer using it.

Download DCS on new machine https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

install DCS

Run and login to the module manager

download your modules

Activate your modules with your keys

fly and enjoy your modules

Thanks for the information BIGNEWY.

Yes I see FC3 and A10-C under the installed tab not in the modules tab.

1. Is it required to de-activate both FC3 and A10-C on the old computer first in order for me to be able to install/re-activate both on the new computer or am I allowed to have them on both computers?
  2. When re-installing FC3 on the new computer do I have to first re-install the earlier versions of FC3 [Locon and FC1, FC2,]?

• ED Team
Thanks for the information BIGNEWY.

Yes I see FC3 and A10-C under the installed tab not in the modules tab.

1. Is it required to de-activate both FC3 and A10-C on the old computer first in order for me to be able to install/re-activate both on the new computer or am I allowed to have them on both computers?
  2. When re-installing FC3 on the new computer do I have to first re-install the earlier versions of FC3 [Locon and FC1, FC2,]?

1. It is not required to deactivate, but if you do not intend using the old machine you could recover an activation from it for future use.

2. FC3 Does not require any of the earlier modules to be installed

hope that helps

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1. It is not required to deactivate, but if you do not intend using the old machine you could recover an activation from it for future use.

2. FC3 Does not require any of the earlier modules to be installed

hope that helps

Thank you.

One other thing about the new installation. As I will be using a 256gig SSD for my boot drive and a 2TB hard drive for storage, I'm thinking of installing DCS onto the SSD for better performance. Do you have an opinion on the benefit or potential issues if I do that?

• ED Team

Using an SSD will give you a performance gain, so I would recommend it.

The only potential issue is when DCS gets to large for that drive, but you could say that for any drive :)

I have anywhere from 6 -7 different DCS installs, some on SSD others on a 1TB sshd, so you can install DCS where ever you wish.

Using an SSD will give you a performance gain, so I would recommend it.

The only potential issue is when DCS gets to large for that drive, but you could say that for any drive :)

I have anywhere from 6 -7 different DCS installs, some on SSD others on a 1TB sshd, so you can install DCS where ever you wish.

Yes I suspect I will be doing a lot of installations/file storage on the hard drive and only keep the DCS installation version currently being used on the SSD...256gigs gets eaten up pretty quick...I remember the 20mg hard drives when they first came out were considered huge.

Thanks again!