Are these specs enough?

Pirimeister

Hi all.

When the first minimum specs for the Rift where announced, I decided to wait until the arrival of the "2nd generation of VR" to upgrade my PC, mainly because of the lower resolution of the current gen.

I used to fly the A-10C, but I've recently bought the Ka-50 and am absolutely loving the helicopter experience. I made the mistake of starting to read forum posts about how awesome the OR is for flying heliscopters, and now I find myself fighting the urge to get a CV1.

So my question is one that I'm sure has been asked many times, and for that I ask for your patience. With the following specs, would I be able to have a "normal", VR experience, with a pixel density above 1.5?

My system specs are:

CPU is a QuadCore Intel Core i7-975 Extreme Edition, 3466 MHz (26 x 133)

with 6GB DDR3- 1333 RAM

GPU is a AMD Radeon RX 480 with 8 GB RAM

I play the game on a triple 24" monitor set-up with and average of 30fps, with these settings:

Screen_170208_182627.jpg

What is the most realistic decision to make, between buying just the Rift now (and maybe some extra RAM, but no other upgrades), or waiting for that 2nd gen to be realeased and THEN upgrade the PC AND buying the new Rift?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and your patience in going through another one of these "Can I have one " threads.

Cheers!

Piri

6GB DDR3 is below minimum spec

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i3; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: 2 GB RAM card, DirectX11 - compatible; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 16GB; Hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / ATI R9 290 DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2