Autopilot Altitude Hold Porpoise 2.0.x latest

Davee

Thanks Catseye, and what speed were you seeing it at and with FBW AA or Stores mode? Also, when you engaged it were you already at a pretty steady altitude or in the middle of a climb/dive? Next time you see it, please let me know in as much detail as possible the aircraft conditions since I'm working to tune the AP and requires different gains for different regimes to get just the right response. Thanks.

I will have to recreate the circumstances.

In general terms: FBW standard on, head to head guns only scenario with no tanks and no underwing ordnance. After engagement return to base. Slight climb (about 2.5 degrees) when engaging AP. Oscillation was large between -3/+3 with no stabilization. Altitude approximately 20k. Speed approx 350.

Speed, altitude, thrust I will redo to be precise.

Will get back to you asap.

Cheers

Thanks Catseye, and what speed were you seeing it at and with FBW AA or Stores mode? Also, when you engaged it were you already at a pretty steady altitude or in the middle of a climb/dive? Next time you see it, please let me know in as much detail as possible the aircraft conditions since I'm working to tune the AP and requires different gains for different regimes to get just the right response. Thanks.

Hi CptSmiley,

Here is a .trk file of my test that reproduces the oscillation.

Speed 280 at 21,400 ft.

Slowing down to approx 265 stops the oscillation and speeding up to approx 300 stops the oscillation. Slowing again to around 280 starts the oscillation again.

NOTE: the oscillation increases as speed slowing increases from 280 upwards and then the oscillation stops around 300.

Pls watch the .trk to the end to show this.

Cheers,

Cats . . .

AP ALT HLD.zip