Trim Controls

the_soupdragon

Are trim controls really this slow in the real jet? It takes an age to get any effective trim on the aircraft.

Cheers

SD

A Little trick is to bind ATT hold to your HOTAS. When its engaged it trims the Aircraft for u, then u can just disengage it and u have a perfectly trimmed out Aircraft :thumbup:

A Little trick is to bind ATT hold to your HOTAS. When its engaged it trims the Aircraft for u, then u can just disengage it and u have a perfectly trimmed out Aircraft :thumbup:

That's what I do, also in other aircrafts. If you heavily use those autopilot modes, you don't need the regular trimming system (at least until you loose the autopilot).

I can only share my experiences, but with the pitch trim bound to the trim hat on my Warthog the time it takes to make any change in trim is horrendous. For instance, going 3 degrees nose up for take off with the XT tank, averages 30 sec.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

I can only share my experiences, but with the pitch trim bound to the trim hat on my Warthog the time it takes to make any change in trim is horrendous. For instance, going 3 degrees nose up for take off with the XT tank, averages 30 sec.

Sounds like a bugg to me, for me that same change only takes a second or two. I read that the trim speed increases the longer you hold the button, so if you just tap it it would take forever, but it will reach "max trim speed" after being pressed for about a second i think.

Yep, trim is very slow. Strange thing, most of the time I fly in VR (Rift), but today I fly with TrackIR again and the trim is quick and responsive. Not sure why, perhaps the resolution?

The same thing happens for me. When I fly on my monitor the trim works just fine but when I fly with my Oculus rift, the trim doesn´t move the stick at all or extremely slow.

Trim speed varies to me between imperceptably slow and comfortably slow. I observe very slow trim speeds when I'm on the ground. However, since I normally use att.hold during flight instead of trimming, it figures that I'd only notice slow trim on the ground. Trimming in the air (during attack runs etc) I can't think of once having reacted at slow trimming.

It sure seems strange that it'd vary like this.

Anyone had the same problem with the Rudder trim? I crank it over to max and it makes next to bugger all difference and I still end up yawing to the right. Did check axis and rudder calibration but no issues there?

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

I removed trim functions to my Saitek HOTAS ... I think it was causing me to crash with all kinds of control problems... even with deadzones .

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR