ELINT database

grunf

Great work !

You forget the Roland SAM ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Radar types (search/tracking) added for ground units and ships.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Question about the ELINT:

I was under the impression that the U22 jammer was required and set in passive mode for the ELINT triangulation to be possible. But as I just realized, ELINT appears to be gathered even without the jammer equipped. Is this correct?

For the MiG-21, what's the difference between emitters 1 2 and 3?

This is coming from a MiG-21 main who's always doing research into whatever aircraft is added to DCS to figure out the best tactics.

My radar only has 2 "modes" more or less. Scan, and Track. Why is there 3 different emitters listed? What can you see that I seemingly can't?

This is coming from a MiG-21 main who's always doing research into whatever aircraft is added to DCS to figure out the best tactics.

My radar only has 2 "modes" more or less. Scan, and Track. Why is there 3 different emitters listed? What can you see that I seemingly can't?

I think it is referred to

Search

Lock

Launch

Good question, I'd also like to know the answer. :D

My initial guess was just as il_corleone said, search, lock and launch (or rather, radar missile guidance). But all three emitters are recorded even with no radar guided missiles, IR only, so I'm not so sure if that's the case. I am pretty sure that the Emitter 1 is the search mode.

• 2 weeks later...

One question regarding the airborne radars.

For the MiG-21 Emitter 2 and 3 have frequencies of 3400 and 5400 Hz, respectively.

For the Su-27 and M-2000C it is the other way around, i.e. Emitter 2 5400 Hz and Emitter 3 3400 Hz while all other parameters are identical.

Is this correct or a small typo?

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

One question regarding the airborne radars.

For the MiG-21 Emitter 2 and 3 have frequencies of 3400 and 5400 Hz, respectively.

For the Su-27 and M-2000C it is the other way around, i.e. Emitter 2 5400 Hz and Emitter 3 3400 Hz while all other parameters are identical.

Is this correct or a small typo?

I'm pretty sure it's correct, but I'll doublecheck. Basically, all these planes have identical emitters, it's just a way I sorted them (or how I did not sort them - I just put them there as they appeared :D).

I'll sort them by the frequency, while keeping the search radar on top. In this case it's the 1000Hz one.

I'm pretty sure it's correct, but I'll doublecheck. Basically, all these planes have identical emitters, it's just a way I sorted them (or how I did not sort them - I just put them there as they appeared :D).

I'll sort them by the frequency, while keeping the search radar on top. In this case it's the 1000Hz one.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification :thumbup: No real need to sort it then. It just looked a bit strange at first glance.That's why I was curious :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I realize that this is an old tread.

The ELINT database is a great tool. There other day I flew a mission and got a pretty good location for an SA-3…except it was an SA-2. The ELINT database was evidently written before the SA-2 was introduced into DCS 2.5 beta.

Does anybody have the data for it?

R/ Hangar 200

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]