ELINT database

grunf

I was looking forward to the moment when the community would start doing research on this. You did notice that the PRF-frequency is the actual tone as you hear it in the cockpit? The carrier-frequency and PRF is automatically estimated from the max detection range of the radar so it supports new units added to DCS. I am very proud of the RWR in the Viggen.

• Like 1

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Do the lights show or do you get nothing?

Most of the time I get nothing, some of the time I'll get the search radar but no CW/launch signal. In fact I've never gotten the CW signal from the SA-6.

This is with larm knob in right position, and due care to RWR blindzones.

Edited by scaflight

I was looking forward to the moment when the community would start doing research on this. You did notice that the PRF-frequency is the actual tone as you hear it in the cockpit? The carrier-frequency and PRF is automatically estimated from the max detection range of the radar so it supports new units added to DCS. I am very proud of the RWR in the Viggen.

This is indeed great stuff. I didn't expect this! :thumbup:

So apparently the ground radars in DCS are modeled more in-depth than I thought and provide stuff like frequencies and so on. Doesn't this allow for a more advanced jamming model in DCS than we have now? Currently all jammers and jamming modes in DCS are all the same and jam all kind of radar signals. But if ground radars do have stuff like frequencies modeled it should be possible to create more advanced jammers (or jamming modes) that only jam certain frequency ranges or stuff like that. Or am I totally wrong here?

Edit: Disregard. I should read better. :doh:

That stuff is not part of the units as they are in DCS, but is added by LNS' code based on the ranges of the various radars... :music_whistling:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I recorded an Sa-8 last night, landed and rearmed with BK90s. When I was entering a new target waypoint from the kneeboard, I discovered that the ELINT coordinates had NW and SE (I think). What happened was that I had more digits for the new waypoint than I could input into the CK-37. (usually it is displayed with 2x6 digits for N and E) And sure enough, I only managed to get a waypoint to the general area. Is it possible to enter the exact coordinates as displayed on the ELINT page?

I dont know if this is possible, but my idea would be to get the exact coordinates and then do a stand-off attack with the BK90s in a wide area mode without actually spotting the target visually.

Need to get the database in to a kneeboard page ASAP.....when it's fixed that is.

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

I recorded an Sa-8 last night, landed and rearmed with BK90s. When I was entering a new target waypoint from the kneeboard, I discovered that the ELINT coordinates had NW and SE (I think). What happened was that I had more digits for the new waypoint than I could input into the CK-37. (usually it is displayed with 2x6 digits for N and E) And sure enough, I only managed to get a waypoint to the general area. Is it possible to enter the exact coordinates as displayed on the ELINT page?

I dont know if this is possible, but my idea would be to get the exact coordinates and then do a stand-off attack with the BK90s in a wide area mode without actually spotting the target visually.

ELINT doesn't give you a pinpoint location, but a rectangular area in which the emission source is located. The coordinates you get are the two points of that rectangle, the NW and SE. The size of the rectangle is determined by the quality of your recording - if you approach from just one direction, the area will be pretty large, but if you go around it, you'll have a better triangulation and a much smaller area.

Need to get the database in to a kneeboard page ASAP.....when it's fixed that is.

Absolutely. :)

Since we now have ELINT, I recon we should have a ELINT database too

Jolly good! Thank you, grunf :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Yeah, I noticed :). At first the RWR may seem like an annoying beeper, but once you figure how it works it's a very good system. And you did a good job with the implementation. :thumbup:

One question: what is a difference between PRF A and B?

Yeah, I noticed :). At first the RWR may seem like an annoying beeper, but once you figure how it works it's a very good system. And you did a good job with the implementation. :thumbup:

One question: what is a difference between PRF A and B?

I entirely agree. Its an amazingly well-modeled system! :D I believe I saw this on a google slide (Shown to me by RagnarDa):https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1cRKo8IY4GF8bXhUq8LJeRJKLc4oXJwwLeUp2_xXy7C8/edit ...PRF A and B just tell you which "crystal" is recieving the transmissions to better tell the range of PRF being recorded.

Freq A = Receiver probably uses a couple of crystal video receivers, so they don't know the exact freq its on, but they do know which of the tuned crystal receivers is picking up the signal. So in this case it translate to RF band "A". Can be used to ID the signal.
  • Like 1

ELINT database

The carrier frequency (not the Pulse Repetition Frequency) is grouped into two categories in Viggens recording machine. Don't remember the exact bandwith (I'm at work but I think the A-band is lower than the B-band. So a A-band carrier frequency and a low PRF would mean the emitter is a long-range radar, and vice versa. Sorry that the wording in the kneeboard is a little unclear.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

You can add the A-50 Mainstay:

dcs-2017-02-07-21-23-39-copy-51904ca.jpg

And in your file you have inverted Freq and PRF. ;)

Edited by diditopgun
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

You can add the A-50 Mainstay:

Thanks! :thumbup:

And in your file you have inverted Freq and PRF. ;)

Not realy inverted, but miss-labeled :D. The frequency is the actual frequency of the tone you hear from the RWR, higher the number, higher the pitch tone and vice versa. As for the other category, I'll probably label it "Band".

BTW, strange how you did't pick the other emission from Moskva. I think the one in you report is a lock, and the search radar is missing. Correct me if I'm wrong. :D

Moskva shoot at me yes.

What is strange is that my RWR detected all radars (Moskva, A-50 and S-300) very late....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.