Who is geting Asta la Vista??

I wont untill compatibility issues force me to.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

License only transferable to a 'new' PC once this time, and enforced unlike XP. I don't think so. If I upgrade my MB and CPU again I'm not going to shell out a second time. Sorry but I'm not buying till they relax their licensing policy, which won't be anytime soon.

This our hobby - not our job - if we are not having a laugh, we're doing it wrong. - Rats

License only transferable to a 'new' PC once this time, and enforced unlike XP. I don't think so. If I upgrade my MB and CPU again I'm not going to shell out a second time. Sorry but I'm not buying till they relax their licensing policy, which won't be anytime soon.

This is no longer true Flexman! Due to the outcry of the PC enthusiasts every where the retail Vista licensing has changed significantly.

Source:

http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=35970

"I’m very pleased to let you know you this morning (or afternoon, or evening, depending on where you are when you read this) that the Windows division has revised the retail license terms for Windows Vista in a significant way. Namely, the terms regarding license-to-device assignment of the retail product (including Home Basic, Home Premium, Business and Ultimate) now read as follows: You may uninstall the software and install it on another device for your use. You may not do so to share this license between devices.

Our intention behind the original terms was genuinely geared toward combating piracy; however, it’s become clear to us that those original terms were perceived as adversely affecting an important group of customers: PC and hardware enthusiasts. You who comprise the enthusiast market are vital to us for several reasons, not least of all because of the support you’ve provided us throughout the development of Windows Vista. We respect the time and expense you go to in customizing, building and rebuilding your hardware and we heard you that the previous terms were seen as an impediment to that -- it’s for that reason we’ve made this change. I hope that this change provides the flexibility you need, and gives you more reason to be excited about the upcoming retail release of our new operating system."

I am already using VistaX86 RC2 times 3 machines on my LAN in a dual boot environment with XP pro. I think Vista will be very good when drivers mature. I like it but will remain able to run either XP or Vista x86 for some time to come, enjoying the best of both worlds while sorting out the many issues to be faced by transitioning to the new OS. So I guess in short Yes i will be using\buying Vista. As a member of the MS partner program, a reseller and an MS action pack subscriber I anticipate being able to install and use the new Vista OS on all of my business machines. I also happen to use these for gaming.

Out

maybe when I get a new laptop in the future...atleast 2 yrs from now...maybe then I'll consider vista ultimate with geforce 9800 go :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Eventually we all do or we have to switch ;)

So I'll just have to see how buggy it is first and what the adv/dis of having Vista are.

Most likely I'll just have two installs one of XP, one of Vista.

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

Sure that much has changed, but you still can't run the full retail copy dual booted on the same machine, you need two licenses, OEM copies are still non-transferable (as with XP) and you cannot run a retail or OEM copy in a virtual machine, even on a virtual machine running on the copy of vista you wish to virtualise!

This is no longer true Flexman! Due to the outcry of the PC enthusiasts every where the retail Vista licensing has changed significantly.

Source:

http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=35970

"I’m very pleased to let you know you this morning (or afternoon, or evening, depending on where you are when you read this) that the Windows division has revised the retail license terms for Windows Vista in a significant way. Namely, the terms regarding license-to-device assignment of the retail product (including Home Basic, Home Premium, Business and Ultimate) now read as follows: You may uninstall the software and install it on another device for your use. You may not do so to share this license between devices.

Our intention behind the original terms was genuinely geared toward combating piracy; however, it’s become clear to us that those original terms were perceived as adversely affecting an important group of customers: PC and hardware enthusiasts. You who comprise the enthusiast market are vital to us for several reasons, not least of all because of the support you’ve provided us throughout the development of Windows Vista. We respect the time and expense you go to in customizing, building and rebuilding your hardware and we heard you that the previous terms were seen as an impediment to that -- it’s for that reason we’ve made this change. I hope that this change provides the flexibility you need, and gives you more reason to be excited about the upcoming retail release of our new operating system."

I am already using VistaX86 RC2 times 3 machines on my LAN in a dual boot environment with XP pro. I think Vista will be very good when drivers mature. I like it but will remain able to run either XP or Vista x86 for some time to come, enjoying the best of both worlds while sorting out the many issues to be faced by transitioning to the new OS. So I guess in short Yes i will be using\buying Vista. As a member of the MS partner program, a reseller and an MS action pack subscriber I anticipate being able to install and use the new Vista OS on all of my business machines. I also happen to use these for gaming.

Out

That kind of statement really bugs me, you don't have to do anything.

Eventually we all do or we have to switch ;)

So I'll just have to see how buggy it is first and what the adv/dis of having Vista are.

Most likely I'll just have two installs one of XP, one of Vista.

Next generation sims and FPS will rock in dx10, I'm gonna wait and get a Quad core with a dx10 graphics card though before I get it. :thumbup:

lol! thats what I am waiting for . :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Hate to be the skeptic here, but considering the evolution of games since the times of Voodoo2 and Nvidia TNT, there hasnt been that much improvement.

The limitation here is how much time developers can spend creating new complex feature to take advantage of the new hardware, before they plan to launch and get the paybackfor the development costs.

I seen so much promise from technologies like MMX SSE T&L ETC ETC that after their time of hype gone, the games kept on feeling the same, with as much AI glitches as they had from DOS times. Graphics havent improved all that much either. Get this: They said T&L would multiply your polygons hundreds of times but truth is all objects in games still look very boxy and with blurry textures. They promised to take away the graphics burdain from the CPU to the GPU but we still see how a weak CPU fails the GPU with enough data to this day. ANd the Efects we used to have in demos from our old Geforce GFX's game packages now supposedly only work with Ageia Physis chip.

They promise us too much only to take that away to be realised in the next new hardware product and keep us wayting and buying for the same basic features again and again.

My PC specs below:

its better to wait for DX 10 and SM 4.0. For example....splinter cell 4 has come out...apparently it needs a minumum 256 mb sm 3.0 card...that means all x800 xt owners are screwed who waited for the game.

thats why its better to wait ...especially when the next gen is like just a few days ago.

its better to wait for DX 10 and SM 4.0. For example....splinter cell 4 has come out...apparently it needs a minumum 256 mb sm 3.0 card...that means all x800 xt owners are screwed who waited for the game.

thats why its better to wait ...especially when the next gen is like just a few days ago.

Never buy an item of the first generation of a given new technology. Youll serve as guinea pig. It would be fine to be a guienea pig if you want to do something for the common good untill someane gives you the bad nes you have to pay 599$ for it. Yikes.

I disagree :mad:

I disagree your disagreement. :)

My PC specs below:

Hate to be the skeptic here, but considering the evolution of games since the times of Voodoo2 and Nvidia TNT, there hasnt been that much improvement.

The limitation here is how much time developers can spend creating new complex feature to take advantage of the new hardware, before they plan to launch and get the paybackfor the development costs.

I seen so much promise from technologies like MMX SSE T&L ETC ETC that after their time of hype gone, the games kept on feeling the same, with as much AI glitches as they had from DOS times. Graphics havent improved all that much either. Get this: They said T&L would multiply your polygons hundreds of times but truth is all objects in games still look very boxy and with blurry textures. They promised to take away the graphics burdain from the CPU to the GPU but we still see how a weak CPU fails the GPU with enough data to this day. ANd the Efects we used to have in demos from our old Geforce GFX's game packages now supposedly only work with Ageia Physis chip.

They promise us too much only to take that away to be realised in the next new hardware product and keep us wayting and buying for the same basic features again and again.

8bit, 16bit and 32bit computers were all quite significant leaps for computer games in FPS and graphics quality. DX10 from what I've seen so far will be yet another leap like the above so 64bit OS, DX10 and multi-core CPUs will make flight sims much better in graphics and in features. I'd expect Black Shark and possibly Jet Thunder to be the last DX9 sims as everyone will move upto DX10. When such sims as Allied Forces2, FighterOps or Tank Killers are released in DX10 thats when most of us will likely move up to 64bit OS with new DX10 graphics cards and Multi-core PCs. Take a look at some of the pics of images(and especially 3d models) using dx10 so far released and it is quite obvious that this is a significant upgrade.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Argh! All this talk about Vista! It's just another OS! Another step in the Windows product lifecycle! Dont't be sucked in! It may look flashy, but you don't need it. Your PC isn't going to drop dead if you don't upgrade. Have you seen the pricetag for the ultimate version? It's rediculous! Tell microsoft where to stuff it for a change instead of handing over cash like mindless zombies and forcing everyone else into the same cycle whilst you do so. Give Microsoft somthing to think about, don't let them dictate to consumers such extreme license deficiencies, extreme system requirements, and extreme IP and DRM tools.