Ground Crew holding the tail...

Will we have such an option in the future for this, for runup ?

I had that in the good-old A2A Sptifire Accusim model. Would like to see it ported into DCS World - it's a nice touch of detail, and can actually be useful for engine runup without risking a prop strike.

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I had that in the good-old A2A Sptifire Accusim model. Would like to see it ported into DCS World - it's a nice touch of detail, and can actually be useful for engine runup without risking a prop strike.

+1, that and wheel chocks ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Just as curiosity, why will be need this, or even wheel shocks*?:huh:

* The "fake" parking brakes hold the plane the necessary few time for start engine, then you can open throttle and take-off.

Open all throttle in ground - reason for Margaret Horton on tail - will be only "what if", without real practical effect in game, to by practical will need some kind of random engine failure on start-up, things that "flight simmer/gamer's" in majority don't accept. ;)

Just as curiosity, why will be need this, or even wheel shocks*?:huh:

* The "fake" parking brakes hold the plane the necessary few time for start engine, then you can open throttle and take-off.

Open all throttle in ground - reason for Margaret Horton on tail - will be only "what if", without real practical effect in game, to by practical will need some kind of random engine failure on start-up, things that "flight simmer/gamer's" in majority don't accept. ;)

Mainly for realism, and to be able to perform tests that are otherwise not possible.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Parking brakes on Spitfires is a catch that hold the brake handle full pressed - is not modeled in Spit Mk.IXe:

http://cdn.avweb.com/media/newspics/185669_hurricane_parking_brake_detail.jpg

See the guy engaging the catch for hold brakes full pressed there:

"Fake" parking brakes is because in DCS Mk.IX you can use the keys for (digital) command for increase/decrease brake, this will apply and hold brakes full pressed.

For release just a touch in normal brakes, will return the brake lever for 0 - but, since for game engine the "increase brake" remain 100 you are not able to use this again, unless press the key for "decrease brake". A workaround for the lack of real parking brakes, like, e.g. DCS P-51, Mig-21.

If I run my throttle up to max RPM while holding the wheel brakes, I do very reliably eat the ramp...

Yes, but you don't have reason to do this, your Mk.IXe have a new 100% bullet proof engine in each spawn. You don't need test this for eventual fails before take-off, this is not modeled. ;)

Edited by Sokol1_br

Manual start for Spit 9, I use my mouse pointer to the stick's brake lever, then mouse wheel to engage the lever until it is set.

Once engine is started, the brake holds the plane at warmup.

RPM warmup not to exceed 1500, 1200 is plenty.

Takes about 3 minutes to get to target temps.

My pinky button releases the parking brake and in conjunction with using pedals allows turning while taxiing.

Currently, warmup is not necessary. I can taxi and go takeoff cold. And rearm / refuel in the grass, canopy, closed, engine running. Hope that changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Realism is relative.

Using a mouse pointer as my finger is not realism, either. I want real fingers and hands that function as a real pilot does!!!! LOL! (sarcasm)

Sensor gloves must exist and a touchscreen, would think it doable.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not necessary in this sim. It's not necessary to have any of the clickable features in the cockpit, really, there is an auto-start. :rolleyes:

Come on, I don't see what there is to argue about, it's part of a normal procedure for the Spitfire, and some people - actually mostly in those forums, like the realism, even if not everything is modelled yet. :)

If some of you don't want to do that, that's perfectly fine, but why would you want to prevent others from being able to get the feature? That's beyond me.

I am not against realism - if has logic, my point is that this feature will be only a "what if realism", since "Currently, warmup is not necessary. I can taxi and go takeoff cold." (besides no engine failures after starter *) Why call (even invisible, like ground crew) "Margaret Horton's" to sit on tail? :)

To add this will be add other things first.

* Some "flight game" around has this random engine failure aft starter modeled in their code, but was set to 0, probable due "I have no time for start and warm-up engines" crowd - imagine if their engine fail. ;)

I use my mouse pointer to the stick's brake lever, then mouse wheel to engage the lever until it is set.

This is a workaround - or "fake" parking brakes - like my method with key, the correct will be press the brakes and then hit a key/button for hold brakes engaged (again like P-51/Mig-21).

I want real fingers and hands that function as a real pilot does!!!! LOL! (sarcasm)

Sensor gloves must exist and a touchscreen, would think it doable.~

This?

Edited by Sokol1_br

Some want this feature, some don't, what's new? But yes, if it is possible, why not have it added?

It would be good if the option to fly a circuit with a WAAF hanging onto the tail for dear life was available too. It happened, so why not? I guess it is just down to the amount of effort required to implement it, and whether there'd be a big hit on performance.

We could also do with a hut by the apron, with a big brass bell hanging from it, so we could ring it, then run like hell to the cockpit, get into the air, and re-fight the Battle of Britain. But then we'd also need a Mk1 Spit to go with that. Oh and deck chairs,a table with a tea pot, a pack of cards etc.

Er.... RE: the comment about how this is a sim so run-up etc is unnecessary - I hold an FAA license (not much of one, but I do!) and I make a habit in DCS of practicing correct disciplines such as holding short of actives, run up, mag check, carb heat check when applicable etc, because bad habits in the sim = bad habits in the real thing. Personally I believe if you aren't doing this in the sim (regardless of the fact that you may have random equipment failures disabled in DCS) you're kind of not getting your dollar's worth out of such a quality simulation as DCS. My two pence...

• ED Team

No plans for this that I have heard of.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Full power on ground could pull the nose over if the tail wasn't held down.

We could possibly have a key to nail down the tail if need be.

How often would we use this novel development-team time-consuming design feature? About 1% ? Once even?

Do we really need to model a body on it for the sake of a one-time historical mistake?

I think there are much more important things to be doing

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

We could possibly have a key to nail down the tail if need be.

How often would we use this novel development-team time-consuming design feature? About 1% ? Once even?

Do we really need to model a body on it for the sake of a one-time historical mistake?

I think there are much more important things to be doing

+1 I agree

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

And this always happen with P-51, Bf 109 K-4, Fw 190 D-9.

In that event just call ground crew that they install a new propeller in not time, and next time don't firewall the throttle with brakes engaged. :lol:

The pets climbing on wing after landing will be more interesting. :thumbup:

But if they do waste their time on this stuff, can we also get pets?

I'd prefer a lap dancing blonde but they tried that in CoD. She was ugly! Anyway I don't have a sensory suit.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Can we get these for Normandy then?

The Heroic Parachuting Dogs of D-Day

"Paradogs were taught to get used to wartime conditions, like aircraft propellers and loud noises. They were also trained to identify the smell of explosives. But getting them to jump out of a plane, well, that was another story."

199sya5i73izzjpg.jpg

17z3cw7okisa8jpg.jpg

Edit: The guy holding these dogs in the aircraft looks very padded up for some reason lol. Come on boy jump... Something tells me you couldn't train a dog up for that....:music_whistling:

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link