Kiew Carrier pictures

Hi HRZ (surely NOT Kenan) :D

I don't have a homepage. The 3D model is made by piranha-dl and his homepage is here.

Looks great. Although, I don't see a purpose for this if there aren't some planes modelled also. Ok, Forgers are utter crap, but some Freestyles would fit in nicely. Is it possible to introduce other AI planes to take off from the carrier (STOL), especially on an add-on carrier?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

No :) Kiev and Kiew is the same in russian = Киев.

The other thing is Kyiv, this sounds totally different 'coz it's ukranian.

But carrier was build in USSR, so official language was russian so as the name of carrier, forget about ukranian variant :)

Kiew - wrong spelling.

It's pronounced as [kieev], and 'Kiew' is probably the German version of the capital of Ukraine, so some silly German used his own spelling of the name, and after that 3 pages of 'wtf are u talking about', lol

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Nice looking model there! :)

Two Kiev-class carriers were sold to the Chinese, one being the Kiev itself.

Suggest the W is a misspelling that's crept in since then.

One more is being modified and sold to India for operation of the MiG29K.

Yes four Kiev class carriers were constructed:

* Kiev - commissioned 1975

* Minsk - commissioned 1978

* Novorossiysk - commissioned 1982

* Baku(later renamed Admiral Gorshkov") - commissioned 1987

The first 3 vessels were decomminssioned in 1993 - IIRC the "Novorossiysk" was scrapped, while the Chinese first purchased the "Minsk"(and turned it into a theme park) and later the "Kiev"(don't know what they did with that).

The fourth vessel - the "Baku"/"Admiral Gorshkov" - remained in service until 1997 when it was laid up in reserve. It has since been sold to India and is currently being modified to accomodate MiG-29K fighters purchased as part of the deal.....scheduled for delivery in 2008.

Awaiting arrival of JJ-Alfa for corrections and the Definitive Answer ;)

LOL....hardly britglider.

JJ

Kiev = Russian spelling of Kyiv

Kyiv= Ukrainian

In Soviet time everything was named after its Russian pronounciation.

Except for Antonov "Ruslan" and "Mriya" off top of my head.

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

No the Kiew and Kiev are different...not sure exactly other than the Kiew is chinese. Havent seen any pics of it yet though.

The Kiev was sold to China the only refrcene I have seen to a Kiew was on a German page and w=v in German.

Can we all just conclude that it's Kiev and never mention Kie[w] again? ;)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

The Kiev was sold to China the only refrcene I have seen to a Kiew was on a German page and w=v in German.

No.

Varyag, the ship sold by Ukraine to China was a Kuznetsov class.

Kiev class was sold by Russia to India.

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

No.

Yes.

China has bought 3 aircraft carriers in all - two Kiev class vessels(first "Minsk" and then the "Kiev") and most recently the "Varyag"("Kreml class" - like the Kuznetsov).

Yes the "Admiral Gorshkov", but as mentioned above, Russia sold two Kiev class vessels to China prior to that.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

No.

He-he. don't mess with Alfa when talking about xUSSR Navy :)

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

There were 4 Kiev class carriers. These were;

Kiev

Part of the fleet until retired in 1993. She was sold to a chineese theme park company in 1996 and has been a part of Tianjin military theme park since 1 May 2004.

Minsk

Minsk operated in the Pacific Fleet. She had to be retired in June 30 1993 as a result of a major accident. In 1995 she was sold to a South Korean businessman, and later resold to Shenzhen Minsk Aircraft Carrier Industry Co Ltd, China.

Until 2006, when the company went bankrupt, Minsk was part of a military theme park in Shatoujiao, Shenzhen called "Minsk World".

The aircraft carrier was put up for auction on 22 March 2006. No bids at the starting price of 128 million RMB (approx. 16 million U.S. dollars) were received, so the carrier was withdrawn from sale. On 31 May 2006, the Soviet aircraft carrier was finally auctioned off for 128 million RMB

Novorossiysk

Served from 1978-1993. She was later scrapped.

Admiral Gorshkov

Originally named Baku, she was the fourth of the Project 1143 aircraft carrying cruisers. In 1994, following a boiler room explosion, the ship was docked for a year of repairs. Although she returned to service in 1995, she was finally withdrawn in 1996 and offered for sale.

After years of negotiations, on January 20, 2004, Russia and India signed a deal to buy aircraft-carrier Admiral Gorshkov, along with 12 single-seat MiG-29K and 4 dual-seat MiG-29KUB.

Upgrade plans involve stripping all the weaponry from the ship's foredeck to make way for Short Take-Off But Assisted Recovery configuration, with a 14.3 degree ski-jump on the bow and three arrestor wires on the angled deck, allowing her to operate the MiG-29K and Sea Harrier aircraft.

It is estimated that the ship will enter service in the Indian Navyin 2008 as INS Vikramaditya .

Hope the Baku has been cleared of the cockroaches, otherwise the Indians are in for a treat :P

The Kuz still has this 'problem', but it's a giant rusty hulk anyway, so it doesn't matter, a whole 'new', well refurbished ship with advanced systems, on the other hand will cause some complaints from the Indians. On CVNs you have the reactors to take care of the roach problem, or the slightly radioactive steam from the cat launchers, on the Kuz, there are conscripts :P

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Hope the Baku has been cleared of the cockroaches, otherwise the Indians are in for a treat :P

The Kuz still has this 'problem', but it's a giant rusty hulk anyway, so it doesn't matter, a whole 'new', well refurbished ship with advanced systems, on the other hand will cause some complaints from the Indians. On CVNs you have the reactors to take care of the roach problem, or the slightly radioactive steam from the cat launchers, on the Kuz, there are conscripts :P

Roaches and twinkies are the only life forms that can survive in a nuclear environment. Bring Raid and lots of THC (for the munchies).

Yes.

China has bought 3 aircraft carriers in all - two Kiev class vessels(first "Minsk" and then the "Kiev") and most recently the "Varyag"("Kreml class" - like the Kuznetsov).

Yes the "Admiral Gorshkov", but as mentioned above, Russia sold two Kiev class vessels to China prior to that.

Cheers,

- JJ.

WTF? JJ you are getting sloppy... :) 3 carriers?:) Soviet Navy never had a single carrier ... :) (ok ok they had 20% of one ..unless it was a cruiser too )