Trim Up & Down Problem

hellking

If you've touched any of the emergency trim controls (NÖDTRIM, left side of the cockpit quite far back) that disables the normal trim controls completely. To get them back, you need to cycle the circuit breaker TRIMSYST. If the trim hat still isn't working after turning that off and then back on again that then there might be a problem somewhere.

I dunno what's up with mine, I cannot use the Trim nose-up or down, UNTIL after i pull open the breaker for the SYST/TRIM or whatever the breaker is called on the right hand wall, But after i landed i pressed F2 because i thought it was odd that my aircraft would trim out and suddenly start going DRASTICALLY nose down, or.... if i sped up, then it would drastically go nose up, and i would have to pull that breaker in mid flight while in the air all over again, ....

Once i landed though i pressed F2, and noticed the left and right ailerons were twitching up and down rapidly and when my toebrakes were held down and on, i noticed that they would point downward (which i dunno that may be a feature to help stabilize it while braking.... but i think it's odd that the brakes are affecting the movement of the outer-most ailerons (the ones closest to the wing-tips) and when i let go of the brakes they are twitching up and down out of sinc RAPIDLY!... i double checked axis section of the controls and everything LOOKS OKAY... but it could also be abug, so here's hoping the Dev's try this and see if they get the same issue,... I use a TM Warthog, without using any "TARGET" software, just manually mapped it to DCS Controls with button presses, and then, using a set of CH pro-products rudder pedals.

check your rudder assignments. my rudder was default mapped to roll and pitch (sitech pro) cleared and remapped and all is well

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have my trim bound to the trim switches on my Warthog. While they do work, the movement is so excruciatingly slow that for a wile I believed it wasn't working. Try holding down the command and watch the gauge on the left side of the cockpit.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

turn your view to the right 90 degrees and on the wall of the cockpit under the canopy-seal is a row of "push button fuses" click on the "SYST/TRIM" Fuse once to pull it out and then again to pop it back in and that will allow you to start trimming up and down again... (At least it did for me!) (Credit goes to Renhanxue from his post above which taught me what to do when you cant advance due to the trimmer not moving.)

00Donkey's solution fixed it! Thank you.. Now I can enjoy the plane without having to hold the stick down and creating oscillations with every move I make..

At a minimum, this seems to be a problem with how runway starts are setup..

Well... checking the trim controls is a checklist item on the real aircraft as well, and if you accidentally touch the emergency trim controls cycling that SYST/TRIM fuse on the right is the by-the-book procedure for fixing that. The modeling is correct, but I agree that it's a subtle trap, especially if you're just getting started with the aircraft. The manual should be updated to mention that it's a thing that can happen.

Just to clarify, I am not doing a cold start. I am doing a hot runway start. Similar to other modules, you would expect the plane to be ready to take off with full flight control functionality in a runway hot start.

Well... checking the trim controls is a checklist item on the real aircraft as well, and if you accidentally touch the emergency trim controls cycling that SYST/TRIM fuse on the right is the by-the-book procedure for fixing that. The modeling is correct, but I agree that it's a subtle trap, especially if you're just getting started with the aircraft. The manual should be updated to mention that it's a thing that can happen.

I read this and skipped over it in the manual. However today I revisited the tutorials and I clicked on the emergency trim by accident. No matter how many times I cycled that CB I was unable to get the normal trim system moving. Will try and recreate tomorrow and see if I need to file a bug :)

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same problem. Back to DCS after a bit of a break,

Fresh to the Viggen and really wanting to fly it, as rather fond of it.

So want to go through the training missions. Including cold start.

Not touching anything until told to. Not even going near the Emergency Trim switches.

I have nose trim mapped to my Warthog HOTAS joystick.

Works perfectly fine on the P-51 etc. and can even watch the trim dials move on it when I trim.

For the Viggen - nothing. Doesn't move the needle at all. Even used the keys and extra trim mapping on the Throttle. Tried pulling and resetting the Circuit Breakers mentioned above.

But it will not change the trim at all.

Means I'm stuck on the tutorial as it won't let me past the trim point.

Tried altering the trim in the taxi and take off tutorials as well, and nothing either.

Is the trim system broken at the moment?

Anything else I can tr to get it trimmed?

Cheers

Stuntie

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please check whether the needles do move, but extremely slow. Like 1 minute for the required 3°.

There is another thread where people reported that issue. I had it myself 2 weeks ago.

For some reason, I have changed nothing, the problem disappeared for me and the trim is moving fast now again.

It's still slow as hell for me in 2.5 in every flight. In 1.5 this problem occured randomly for me.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Please check whether the needles do move, but extremely slow. Like 1 minute for the required 3°.

There is another thread where people reported that issue. I had it myself 2 weeks ago.

For some reason, I have changed nothing, the problem disappeared for me and the trim is moving fast now again.

Thanks that got it trimmed.

Holly crap that's glacially slow!

Took at least a minute and then the flashing box eventually disappeared.

Would hate to need the constantly trim the Viggen if that's how slow it is.

Cheers

Stuntie

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, it's a weird issue. As said, it disappeared for me for some random reason.

Note that you can takeoff without trimming, you'll just need to pull more on the stick then. Just remember to pull gently. As soon as the aircraft reacts you can ease up on the control for a smooth takeoff without alpha warning.