Walkman in AJS-37?

Harpoon

This is My personal Viggen tune.

And while its not period correct it perfectly fits the Viggen in my opinion.

This is my reading of the text in this song as it relates to the Viggen,

Viggen = Thor,The Thundergod,The Wielder of Mjölnir.

Soviet Invasion Forces = The Serpent.

As the Viggen was indeed the Protector of mankind as far as Swedens citizens where concerned!

And i always activate this song as i roll in on the target area ^^.

Edited by mattebubben
  • Like 1

And i always activate this song as i roll in on the target area ^^.

Kick-ass song! I love good prog-metal.

Using Falcon BMS's Winamp plugin (you could use the DED to play Winamp playlists), I would always cue up KISS's Detroit Rock City before the IP. For DCS, I actually created a couple of mixes that I used to put into missions when tuning into radio beacons. Now I can just add the OGG files to the VigWalkman.

Edited by Home Fries

Extremely cliché, but I've found some YouTube channels with New Retro Wave (that name is just so terrible), which is just New Wave/SynthWave (without the heart)...

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very cool! I added 7 more song files (Song2.ogg-Song8.ogg) and it indeed played them all. I even tried the ffwd and rwnd keys and you even get the sound of the tape screech when it starts up again, nice touch :).

After that the music would not play - so question, is there a way to play from the beginning again? Otherwise I presume it would take a new aircraft spawn, or at least a rearm/repair or something.

Very cool! I added 7 more song files (Song2.ogg-Song8.ogg) and it indeed played them all. I even tried the ffwd and rwnd keys and you even get the sound of the tape screech when it starts up again, nice touch :).

After that the music would not play - so question, is there a way to play from the beginning again? Otherwise I presume it would take a new aircraft spawn, or at least a rearm/repair or something.

Have you tried rewinding? :D

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

You have to flip the cassette?!

Hey Guys,

Just saw this thread, was wondering, how do you play it in game? :)

PINOY PRIDE!!!

System Specs: i7-4790, Windows 7 64-Bit, ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X Mobo, HyperX Fury 32Gb, Nvidia Titan (Pascal), TM Warthog and TFRPedals, TrackIR 5

Damn this sounds cool, pretty sure I've got some old ogg files about from when the KA50 used to pick up radio.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

This is a beautiful addition to this A/C. Now if we could only select tracks. And have it in all DCS a/c. :D :pilotfly:

Thanks

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

It would be nice if they could use mp3 files, or flac, and not require that the music be included in the mission file.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
The website I usualy use to convert mp3 to ogg:

http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-ogg

Audacity, free, open source audio editing software.

http://www.audacityteam.org/

After converting some MP3s to OGGs with URL above, placing it in the same folder as Song1.ogg and renaming it to Song1.ogg to Song8.ogg I don't hear anything ingame. When restoring the Original Song1 everything works fine...

The converted and the original songs can be played with VLC Player without problems... What setting did I missed? How do you convert them?

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

I used the OGG converter in foobar2000 (best music player ever), worked fine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After converting some MP3s to OGGs with URL above, placing it in the same folder as Song1.ogg and renaming it to Song1.ogg to Song8.ogg I don't hear anything ingame. When restoring the Original Song1 everything works fine...

The converted and the original songs can be played with VLC Player without problems... What setting did I missed? How do you convert them?

I used the default settings, and most of the time it worked. However I did encounter some songs that wouldn't play. Couldn't figure why.

One thing I've noticed, but it might just be a coincidence, the songs that would not play in Viggen, when played in the web browser (Firefox) are showing the cover art. The songs that work in Viggen are not showing it.

One thing I've noticed, but it might just be a coincidence, the songs that would not play in Viggen, when played in the web browser (Firefox) are showing the cover art. The songs that work in Viggen are not showing it.

+1 I encountered something similar.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I had the same issue. Realized you have to click the box that says normalize audio. Otherwise the song will convert, but wont be playable in the viggen.

To the developers ... kudos for this feature :D ... its really nice, I zipped the songs up in MOD format, so I can enable-disable it easily, and also have several of this MODs with different music on each :)

However, the current fast forward and rewind controls are very frustrating to use ... its almost impossible to locate the beginning of the next song ... could you please add two keybindings to change to the next or previous song?

Thanks a lot.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

To the developers ... kudos for this feature :D ... its really nice, I zipped the songs up in MOD format, so I can enable-disable it easily, and also have several of this MODs with different music on each :)

However, the current fast forward and rewind controls are very frustrating to use ... its almost impossible to locate the beginning of the next song ... could you please add two keybindings to change to the next or previous song?

Thanks a lot.

A cassette player does not have a "skip track" function. Why do you hate realism? This is a serious simulator.

:music_whistling: