**Viggen Release Information (27th)**

Cobra847

The main issue is the lack of full disclosure. Waiting till two days before release to tell everyone, by the way we said we would release this on certain date, but hey we are only doing it on beta. That's what's upsetting everyone. If they would have said that from the getgo, it would be a different story. I tried that program for easy switch and for some reason it would not work. Got errors every time, so I had to install a third I stall of dcs. This takes up precious hard drive space. Maybe I don't need stable version installed. That has yet to be determined as of yet.

Again This was not Leathernecks Decision...

And we dont even know how long they have even known ED intended to make 27th January a Open beta Release so they might have informed us as quickly as they had that info themselves...

They said they would have the Aircraft Ready for release for the 27th January they have done so,

They cant control what Version of DCS ED puts it into.

And with the way DCS is set up Atm every major patch goes into Open beta and if there are no major Problems it becomes Stable a week later.

For example the Current Stable Version is the Exact same as the Current Open beta the only difference is that the Open Beta launcher got the Update a Week before the Stable Launcher.

So please stop blaming Leatherneck for something that have no control over when they have filled every single one of their promises,

They Said the module would be available in 1.5 on the 27th and

that promise is forfilled they never specified what 1.5 version

(as they have no idea of knowing or controlling that before hand)

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people just love to whine about nonsense like this. I'm sure LNS will get the blame if Microsoft push out a windows update tomorrow that makes DCS unplayable. Power cut? Avalanche? Ragnarok? Blame LNS!

If you can't manage to type in 32 characters in a windows command prompt, then I guess computers aren't really for you. Try consoles instead.

Its Raining where i live right now and im pretty sure Leatherneck are to blame.

And im very Disappointed in them.

#Boycott Leatherneck.

They did have thunderstorms in the previews they showed us last autum. I'm not saying they control the weather, but they definitely do control the weather.

Its Raining where i live right now and im pretty sure Leatherneck are to blame.

And im very Disappointed in them.

#Boycott Leatherneck.

I love the irrelevant banter.

However i don't mind at all it being released on the open beta, but some people have internet speeds of 100-2000kb/s, some just don't have space. People talk about third party addon that make it easy, but not everyone is going to trust them, i personally did, my antivirus tried to prevent the application from working, but i bypassed it. As great as this module will be just like the MiG-21bis i am sure, if not better, there is no excuse that we know about this so late. Since on the Store Page of the Viggen it didn't say anything about the beta version and everyone, reasonably, expected the release to be on the stable version. and what we get is a 2 day warning during the work week, , could have been ED fault or LNS fault, not complaining just saying it's ridiculous. Besides there aren't the multiplayer servers on Open Beta that we have on stable i.e. open conflict, 104th, ACG

Edited by nogano00

You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can't, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don't give up. — Chuck Yeager

their are multiple servers currently running open beta and multiple that have stated they will be running it tomorrow for the Viggen...

ps tomorrow is a big day for Leatherneck and i think we should concentrate our energy on flying the heck out of this bird and help in the further testing and reporting of bugs for these fellas. I very much look forward to tomorrow and this bird, Leatherneck deserves our maturity and well call it professionalism going forward. Shit happens like i said earlier until the great day of Unification of all the dcs versions this is the way it is. Emotions run high ive been their many times on things that frustrate me and wish where fixed or added to the sim.

Vr flying tomorrow in the rift look forward to it and i for one will report anything to help out in squashing any bugs that may present themselves!

Crom

Edited by Enduro14

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

However i don't mind at all it being released on the open beta, but some people have internet speeds of 100-2000kb/s, some just don't have space. People talk about third party addon that make it easy, but not everyone is going to trust them, i personally did, my antivirus tried to prevent the application from working, but i bypassed it. As great as this module will be just like the MiG-21bis i am sure, if not better, there is no excuse that we know about this so late. Since on the Store Page of the Viggen it didn't say anything about the beta version and everyone, reasonably, expected the release to be on the stable version. and what we get is a 2 day warning during the work week, , could have been ED fault or LNS fault, not complaining just saying it's ridiculous. Besides there aren't the multiplayer servers on Open Beta that we have on stable i.e. open conflict, 104th, ACG

The 104th have already stated they will be updating to the 1.5.6 Tomorrow (Open Beta Client).

And its likely other servers will do the same since this is a major Update and it also bring the Viggen.

And again the Store page never said it would not be released on the Open Beta First either,

Since they had no way of knowing and there is no reason to think that leatherneck has known it would be released on the 1.5.6 Open beta first either.

It works as follow (as far as i understand atleast).

3rd party Devs regularly give ED the latest Versions of their Modules,

Then When ever ED is preparing a patch werther it is for Standard Client,Open beta Client or the 2.0 Alpha NTTR client they simply merge those Module Versions into that Update.

3rd Party devs has no control over what goes where when.

So Leatherneck simply set a 27th Jan Update with an understanding that ED would make sure there was a Patch that day.

But Leatherneck has no say in what type of patch ED decides to make (and whatever they decide to patch will include the Viggen module).

And its also unresonable for ED to either Delay the progress on the 1.5.6

patch (if they feel it is ready now) just so we can get the Viggen in 1.5.5 right now or to make all the extra work required to update the Open Beta to 1.5.6 + making a 1.5.5 update just including the Viggen.

Oooohhhh..... You have to switch to open beta....oooohhhhh....

Ladies, the end of world is near! Get you safe!! SOS!!! Jump into a nuclear bunker immediately!! Go crazy! Now!!

Oh my god... Is this a community of girls? Forgot to paint your fingernails or chose the wrong colour?

:argue: :thumbdown:

Again, a patch was going to happen tomorrow regardless - the aircraft could not be released without a patch. This does not change how much you're going to have download nor how much space DCS takes on your disk in any meaningful way whatsoever. The only thing that changes is that you won't get the Viggen automatically - you have to tell the DCS updater that you want it. You do not need any third party programs for this, although you can use them if you want. Setting the updater to do what you want manually takes all of two minutes, tops.

Edited by renhanxue

Short summary of this thread:

6PdImtT.jpg

fY1KFtU.jpg

Just put it on repeat until tomorrow.

:D :D

Edited by Sporg
  • Like 2

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

That's not really what people are complaining about

Well, actually, mostly, that is what people are complaining about as I see it.

Early access means that there are uncertainties, and that one accepts this, in exchange of getting early access.

One of these uncertainties can be whether it will be released in the stable version or in Open beta first.

Anyway, my comment was to be taken in jest. :)

If you take a step back, you'll see it goes back and forth. :)

Tomorrow is a new day, and in a week or two all will be forgotten, and people will enjoy their new toy. :)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

"So Professor, would you say it's time for everyone to panic?"

"Yes, I would, Kent."

:megalol:

You guys are complaining about having to switch to Open Beta while childern in Africa... aw hell, while I have to work Friday afternoon and then immediately Saturday morning, so the earliest time I get to download the Viggen is around Saturday afternoon (pretty ironic, considering it's the first module I ever pre-ordered on the very release day). And you call this a problem? Bloody hypocrites! :ranting:

Also, in B4 the lock! :D

I understand arguments, but i just simply don't understand the people that start complaining about us conversating. People are frustrated it's understandable. You are not forced to read over this forum thread, and i am sure LNS developers don't need white knights to protect them. No one has actually said anything bad about any developer people are just expressing their feelings.

• Like 1

You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can't, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don't give up. — Chuck Yeager

you do realize when this was announced the doomsday clock was shifted to 2 and a half minutes to midnight :music_whistling:

Win 10,MB GA-X79S-UP5 cpu i7-3820 water cooled,GPU 1080ti ,psu corsair HX1200i,,ram Dominator 32GB trackir 5,VKB Gunfighter stick , throttle ,saitek x65f & CH pedals

I really don't understand what this fuss is all about. Release into open beta is not an exception, not something unheard off. It's the standard procedure, new modules are released to either open beta or alpha, followed by stable a week or so later.

As mentioned, getting into open beta is a piece of cake. I have all three versions, the stable one is the one I use the least.

So people, hold off your pitchforks, release into open beta or alpha is a standard procedure, and a wise one if you ask me. :D

I understand arguments, but i just simply don't understand the people that start complaining about us conversating. People are frustrated it's understandable. You are not forced to read over this forum thread, and i am sure LNS developers don't need white knights to protect them. No one has actually said anything bad about any developer people are just expressing their feelings.

Well there have been some people saying things like they will never trust / Pre-order from leatherneck again due to their disappointment about them releasing it into the Open beta first.

Those are the people that are really getting me (and others) annoyed =P.

We are less upset with players who actually have logical reasons

for either not wanting to change to the Open beta

(and that also dont overract about it all)

or that simply wish it had come to Stable right away instead of open beta first.

A bit OT but I am curious how this will work once the Big Unification happens and 1.5.X Stable + 1.5.X OB is not supported and goes away.

Will there be a 2.5 + 2.5 Open Beta (or whatever the numbers will be) then as a test bed? Guess so? If so, we will still be looking at two installs to participate in any early access.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Thank you Leatherneck! A new special plane too fly!!! Tomorrow!!:thumbup::pilotfly::D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I purchased the AJ37 on Heatblur. How would I activate it on my account with the module manager to download it tomorrow so it says on the website that I have purchased it?

~C. Wyatt

I fly anything that without engine(s), it falls like a brick... and well everything else will too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]