**Viggen Release Information (27th)**

Cobra847

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a little issue trying to get release version to open beta, tried using Skate´s GUI and also CMD.

It run's the updater as usual but I'm still in "release" when i open autoupdate.cfg.

Right know I'm in stable "1.5.5.60565.216" and as Open Beta is also in "1.5.5.60565.216" I'm guessing that the updater believes I'm running the latest version and therefor won't update.

Having a little issue trying to get release version to open beta, tried using Skate´s GUI and also CMD.

It run's the updater as usual but I'm still in "release" when i open autoupdate.cfg.

Right know I'm in stable "1.5.5.60565.216" and as Open Beta is also in "1.5.5.60565.216" I'm guessing that the updater believes I'm running the latest version and therefor won't update.

I guess once the Viggen becomes available (Soon), we will need to upgrade to the 1.5.6 beta version then.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Thanks for the heads up on this, I have a day to convert live to OB for the early access Viggen and it's going to be minimal fuss and effort. OB will be much better than the current live by all accounts also, given some issues with it. Thanks to ED for actually telling people this time round, that's well noticed here, and shame for the folks that find this too hard to do, I'm sure if it's that important your choice will be your choice and no one elses as there are choices to be made.

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

@Paveway

not 100 % sure, but I think that the OB version and the Stable version are currently exactly the same. You are just on the OB branch now, which means that you will see the update tomorrow while you wouldnt see it if you are on the stable branch. Right now I would assume that everything is fine.

@Paveway

not 100 % sure, but I think that the OB version and the Stable version are currently exactly the same. You are just on the OB branch now, which means that you will see the update tomorrow while you wouldnt see it if you are on the stable branch. Right now I would assume that everything is fine.

Correct. Exactly this. Open beta and stable release branch are identical atm, but that will change tomorrow and will probably last till next Friday I guess (it usally takes one week from beta release for the new version to become available on the stable branch. Usally not allways!).

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You can allways find the current Versions here: http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

That's the way I read it too QuiGon. Usually no more than a week before it goes to stable - unless of course they add more features, and maintain a Beta branch for longer.

Just take a deep breath guys, and don't fret.

Come Friday, you'll be past caring about which branch it's on, as long as you can figure out how to get it into the air.

Probably a minimum of 2 years work culminating in tomorrow's release, and all some people can do is moan about a technicality! Thanks to Cobra and the team, we will have another module.

Open a command prompt (win+r->"cmd") and navigate to the dcs world\bin folder.

Then run

dcs_updater.exe update @openbeta

(edit: after the update goes live tomorrow)

thanks....for now the updater tells me that everything is up to date...

We're listening, and will be thinking about options, and if they are feasible. For now, assume only 1.5.6 Open Beta, however.

And please you crazy folks; let's chill out a little! :)

I think it's very normal to release for OpenBeta as it's in early access state. I'd like to fly in NTTR but I understand the situation and that you depend on ED for the updates. It looks a fantastic module.

thanks....for now the updater tells me that everything is up to date...

Which it is. There is no difference between Open Beta and Stable Release branch as of today ;)

For the current version of the different branches see here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2249076&postcount=2

Current Versions (As Of 12/28/2016):

The Current Release Version is : 1.5.5.60565

The Current Open Beta Version is 1.5.5.60565

The Current Open Alpha Version is: 2.0.4.59428.134

Open Beta branch will change to 1.5.6 tomorrow.

Stable Release branch will probably follow a week later.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Originally Posted by Cobra847 viewpost.gif

We have been working on a final release candidate for Friday. With that comes an important logistical note:

Friday's patch will be 1.5.6, which means that the initial Viggen release will be on the new 1.5.6 Open Beta branch, NOT on the current stable 1.5.5

Bad news... sad.gif

Why is this bad news?

This!!!!!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173366&highlight=aircraft

Substitute Viggen for the Gazelle.

There goes another three weeks of my life! :D

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I guess I'm old school.

I have the three versions of DCS, i.e., Stable, BETA and Alpha NTTR 2.0, as separate installs on one of my SATA 3 7200rpm HDD's. I run the DCS Updater for each install from the Start menu.

I've never had a problem updating or "selecting" each version.

SSD? Running from the SATA HDD, I get frame rates above 45 on all three versions. That's with an I7 6700K, 32gb ram and a GTX 1070. And no worries regarding SSD capacity or maintenance.

I can remember when LNS was concerned about providing a copy of the MIG 21BIS for the BETA version of DCS. I recall the beta copy of the MIG was counted as an authorized copy against the maximum copy of 10. My, have times changed.

I'm ready for the 27th. I'll just update my BETA copy, jump in the Viggen and try to learn Swedish. :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

I'm disappointed that I will not receive the Viggen tomorrow as advertised. But I blame myself. This is my third pre-ordered module and each one was an emotional rollercoaster ride, filled with broken promises. I'm done with pre-ordering, it's not worth the few dollars saved and the time wasted.

Time to learn the A10C

cool so I have 1 week to learn it before crashing it in MP servers!

There is multiplayer in the Open Beta as well :D

I'm disappointed that I will not receive the Viggen tomorrow as advertised. But I blame myself. This is my third pre-ordered module and each one was an emotional rollercoaster ride, filled with broken promises. I'm done with pre-ordering, it's not worth the few dollars saved and the time wasted.

Time to learn the A10C

Have fun. The A-10C is a great aircraft as well :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Time to learn the A10C

A Little overdramatic maybe? :P

Time to learn the A10C

Jeez, why so bitter? You can have it tomorrow if you like. Just update to the open beta.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

There is Multiplayer in the Open Beta as well :D

Have fun. The A-10C is a great aircraft as well :thumbup:

Yeah but I'm guessing the most popular (and more important for me, less laggy) servers like open conflict or blue flags wont be on OB. We'll see I guess heheeh!

Edited by Deadpoetic6